Apple Music

buzz_lightclick

Ok just signed up to this finally after being tempted for a while. 3 month free trial , so nothing to lose really.
Can anyone confirm whether the file bitrate on Apple Music streaming is the same as on songs actually downloaded from the iTunes store?
I think it's all 256kbps is that correct?
It's just some songs I've tried on the streaming service seem to be lacking a little detail from what I remember hearing before, but perhaps that was on CD or higher bitrate downloads in the past.

Niallivm

Oct 28, 2019
Visit site
Ok just signed up to this finally after being tempted for a while. 3 month free trial , so nothing to lose really.
Can anyone confirm whether the file bitrate on Apple Music streaming is the same as on songs actually downloaded from the iTunes store?
I think it's all 256kbps is that correct?
It's just some songs I've tried on the streaming service seem to be lacking a little detail from what I remember hearing before, but perhaps that was on CD or higher bitrate downloads in the past.
They are the same as the files in the iTunes Store, 256k AAC. How are you listening to Apple Music? If it’s through Bluetooth then the CODEC makes a big difference - Apt-X or AAC capable headphones/speakers are best

Reactions: buzz_lightclick

buzz_lightclick

They are the same as the files in the iTunes Store, 256k AAC. How are you listening to Apple Music? If it’s through Bluetooth then the CODEC makes a big difference - Apt-X or AAC capable headphones/speakers are best
Airplay from my iPhone to Apple TV connected to my Pioneer Susano. I was listening at low volumes due to it being late at night.

Niallivm

Oct 28, 2019
Visit site
Airplay from my iPhone to Apple TV connected to my Pioneer Susano. I was listening at low volumes due to it being late at night.
Much as I love Apple Music, the Susano's a mighty beast and probably shows up the limitations of AAC. I think the lossless services have some extended free trials you could do some comparative tests with? Deezer has three months free i think.

Niallivm

Oct 28, 2019
Visit site
Much as I love Apple Music, the Susano's a mighty beast and probably shows up the limitations of AAC. I think the lossless services have some extended free trials you could do some comparative tests with? Deezer has three months free

buzz_lightclick

Much as I love Apple Music, the Susano's a mighty beast and probably shows up the limitations of AAC. I think the lossless services have some extended free trials you could do some comparative tests with? Deezer has three months free i think.
Yes you’re right, if it’s a poor quality file it really shows up. But it’s the improvement in music which sets it apart from the other amps I’ve tried, the LX83 and LX88, it just lacks the modern connectivity options.
I will compare some CD albums I’ve got to the Apple Music streaming equivalents to see if there’s much difference when I get time.

Reactions: Niallivm

Niallivm

Oct 28, 2019
Visit site
If anything the quality seems to be slightly better when airplaying directly through my Sky Q box and not using the Apple TV at all.
Could be imagining it though!
Might not be your imagination - is your Apple TV an older model?
And it can depend what you're listening to on Apple Music. I find the Apple Digital Masters have more detail than the standard albums. The Donald Fagen catalogue is ADM and sounds superior to my ears to that of Steely Dan (which isn't ADM - don't get me started on that one!)

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS