Apple music problems

• Thread starter Deleted member 116933
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 116933

I was actually looking forward to apple music but as it stands through a computer if you want to listen to hi-res you have to manually change the sample rates manually. This is a bit of a bummer and renders it pretty useless if you want to listen to hi res.

Phones and tablets have no problem auto-switching and passing through what's there though but there is a number of negatives as well.

Shame as it has a lot of promise but i doubt we will get an Apple connect service any time soon.

Niallivm

Oct 28, 2019
Visit site
I was actually looking forward to apple music but as it stands through a computer if you want to listen to hi-res you have to manually change the sample rates manually. This is a bit of a bummer and renders it pretty useless if you want to listen to hi res..
It’s one click and isn’t an arduous task. I have mine set to 24/96 regardless as I can’t hear any difference when adjusting it for 24/44 recordings

Reactions: RBinDC

Gonepostal

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Am I missing something, all I've needed to do is change the settings on my iPhone se and connect it to the usb type A connection and it's good to go. Might be my mind but it sounds better than before. Brilliant stuff. I don't think I need to keep changing the settings, do it once and it's all good.

Niallivm

Oct 28, 2019
Visit site
Am I missing something, all I've needed to do is change the settings on my iPhone se and connect it to the usb type A connection and it's good to go. Might be my mind but it sounds better than before. Brilliant stuff. I don't think I need to keep changing the settings, do it once and it's all good.
You’re not missing anything: OP was referring to changing the Audio Mini settings on a Mac

Reactions: RBinDC

RBinDC

Aug 21, 2020
Visit site
Doesn’t AirPlay support CDQuality resolution? No dongle required.

I have the Buchardt A500 active speakers that connect wirelessly to a hub at 24/96 resolution. I doubt that I can hear the difference between 24/96 and anything higher res.

Reading this thread makes me think I should try directly wiring my iPhone 12 to the hub to stream the hi res Apple files. Has anyone tried this?

I jhave a 3 month free trial Apple Music subscription. I downloaded about 10 GB of music to my iPhone and was not charged. This sounds too good to be true.

If I cancel the subscription is there any way Apple can deactivate the files I downloaded free of charge? I have disconnected my iPhone from the internet and the files still play music.

For $10 per month I may just cancel my Qobuz subscription.

TRENDING THREADS