Apple iPhone and backing up Contacts

Jason36

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
I know this is propbably not the best place for this, but thought more people might see it.

Yesterday my iPhone decided to take a swim in a cup of coffee...ooops. Its working sort of...but the screen lighting and controls buttons (i.e. on/off, volume etc) are knackered.

Does anyone know first off all if contacts and details are saved on the SIM card or phone memory and if the latter how can I save these to either the SIM card or an external computer?

Also I have never been able to get it to back up the applications that have been downloaded...can this be done or is it a case of if you ever upgrade your iPhone you lose the apps?

Thanks guys.

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Your contacts should have synced with iTunes every time you connected your phone to your computer. Then again, so should any apps you downloaded via the phone. Check iTunes for your contacts. If they're not there you may need to change some settings and then sync again.

Jason36

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
BenLaw said:
Your contacts should have synced with iTunes every time you connected your phone to your computer. Then again, so should any apps you downloaded via the phone. Check iTunes for your contacts. If they're not there you may need to change some settings and then sync again.

Thanks Ben,

seems to have worked second time round :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts