Apple HomePod Mini

Natan90NL

Nov 2, 2021
Visit site
Totally agree on this review. It’s impressive and looks very good. With the lossless audio update it sounds even better! The lossless switch is a bit hidden in the home settings menu.

notwelshyet

Nov 5, 2021
Visit site
i have a homepod and think it is great - but i am wondering whether two of these would be better than say ruark mr1s for use with my desk top set up.. i will only be using the speakers for music, any thoughts appreciated..

Natan90NL

Nov 2, 2021
Visit site
i have a homepod and think it is great - but i am wondering whether two of these would be better than say ruark mr1s for use with my desk top set up.. i will only be using the speakers for music, any thoughts appreciated..

If you want to use them as desktop speakers I would not go wireless like the Ruark.. I’d get wired speakers. But the HomePods are great for music if you ask me, plus design wise looks really clean. Only might not wanne put them close to the wall. If you own one already just get a second and try it. For desktop music it’s fine if u ask me :) not if ur looking for “audiophile listening” on ur desk.

Aphonic

Nov 3, 2022
Visit site
I can’t fathom this device being classified as sophisticated sound. Not my experience at all.

my real-world review after a year with them, as I am shopping to replace them and came across this
1) they struggle to stay connected to wifi
2) stereo pairing is abysmal
3) the sound quality is extremely poor with two, let alone one.
4) there's no way to properly eq them if you sue Apple Music.
5) they really struggle to stay connected to Wi-Fi
6) also they have trouble with Wi-Fi.

Btw I'm a career technologist and have tried every conceivable troubleshooting step with wireless that exists, across slant devices, in the same room, and different channels. + + + . The Wi-Fi chip is abysmal

Ovwrall I think they're the worst product apple has made in quite some time. The HomePod was impressive. The mini is junk

Natan90NL

Nov 2, 2021
Visit site
I can’t fathom this device being classified as sophisticated sound. Not my experience at all.

my real-world review after a year with them, as I am shopping to replace them and came across this
1) they struggle to stay connected to wifi
2) stereo pairing is abysmal
3) the sound quality is extremely poor with two, let alone one.
4) there's no way to properly eq them if you sue Apple Music.
5) they really struggle to stay connected to Wi-Fi
6) also they have trouble with Wi-Fi.

Btw I'm a career technologist and have tried every conceivable troubleshooting step with wireless that exists, across slant devices, in the same room, and different channels. + + + . The Wi-Fi chip is abysmal

Ovwrall I think they're the worst product apple has made in quite some time. The HomePod was impressive. The mini is junk

To be honest I don’t agree with you. For the money and the size of the speakers they sound very good. U tried on lossless quality in the home settings for music and a stereo pair?
Besides this they have great mics and ofcourse all the Siri functions and home hub.

Concerning the WiFi, it does take more patience than we are used to, they are slow, but the HomePods usually find the connection.

Meridien

Feb 26, 2023
Visit site
I know these are old reviews, and I didn't see them before buying two of these. Working in publishing since 1998 (with a Mac G4 running OS9) Mac technology is embedded in my life and I bought two of these without considering anything else. I only wanted them for speech, podcasts, news, stuff like that, either from an iPad or desktop Mac. If these are good speakers for their size I'll stick to streaming to my hearing aids, which has its own disadvantages. The sound is muddy and distant, with no detail even with the bass adjustment, and I strain to make sense of what I hear. This is with Phonak Lumity 90 hearing aids. I have what my audio tech rates as mild hearing loss but the loss is very noticeable to me at the upper range, hence the hearing aids.

Every day both speakers randomly start playing music I don't own and is of a genre the services I subscribe to don't provide, I assume it's Apple's own but the source cannot be identified. Apple are unable to find a fix. The app itself is poorly designed, doesn't offer enough control and is very buggy.

A friend bought one speaker from me for a decent price, knowing about the problems and having heard the speaker start up spontaneously for herself. The other one will be returned to Apple for a refund.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts