Apple High Res Streaming

RoA

Feb 11, 2021
Visit site
I would be grateful for some advise; I currently use my Samsung Note Android Phone to stream Tidal and Quobuz higher resolution services to Google Chromecasts. Never had any big issues. - I am contemplating switching to an Apple phone but have heard High Res support is lacking. Can I cast from an Apple device to the CCA in higher than CD resolution and if not, is there a workaround? - Thanks

twinkletoes

Nov 16, 2021
Visit site
It’s not that’s it’s lacking, just theres only a handful of ways to get full fat high res. Well one way.

you need to buy the camera kit for the iPhone lightening to usb A and connect directly to your dac

You can do the same with an iPad. But not a laptop, well you can but you have to manually change the bit rate in the midi settings. Everything will be spat out what ever you set that at and will stay that way till you change it

One way round it is to get an Apple TV you will get full fat output if you us the hdmi straight into a dac/ amp. And actually sound quite nice.

You can still keep your tidal account and stream from there like normal. The above only applies to Apple Music.

Reactions: RoA

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts