apple airport express

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
i may have my answer £80 notes for this baby but can i only send itunes. Could i controll from my laptop sitting on my sofa say windows media player-spotify-lastfm etc and it looks like it has a usb out to the dac-magic does it have a optical or digy coax

daveh75

smuggs:i may have my answer £80 notes for this baby but can i only send itunes. Out of the box,yes. Though used with Airfoil and you can send any audio to an AE.Could i controll from my laptop sitting on my sofa say windows media player-spotify-lastfm etcYes with airfoil... and it looks like it has a usb out to the dac-magic does it have a optical or digy coax
The USB is for connection to printers, if AE is used as a print server.

The AE has an 3.5mm mini-jack output that also doubles as an optical output. So you can use either a standard optical(toslink) cable + 3.5mm/mini toslink to toslink adaptor or a 3.5mm/mini toslink to toslink cable.

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
thanks daveh so i can use mini tosh to normal optical to the dac-magic for itunes

whats the quailty like going wifi does/would the digital info get to dac as good as a usb straight to dac-magic

have you seen/use one of these airfoils

daveh75

smuggs:thanks daveh so i can use mini tosh to normal optical to the dac-magic for itune Yep..whats the quailty like going wifi does/would the digital info get to dac as good as a usb straight to dac-magicProvided you have good wi-fi signal, i.e no signal drop-outs then yes. have you seen/use one of these airfoils
Airfoil is third party software, see HERE, and yes i use it to stream Spotify to an ATV....

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
apple tv got you , i would only be doing audio. whats the best apple tv or an airport for audio

sell me the apple tv in 20 words lol

daveh75

Apple TV.

I only use it for audio tbh, but for me it wins hands down for two reasons, i sync it with my itunes library/store music on its HDD so i can listen to music without PC/MAC being switched on and secondly its UI is luuverly.....

Juzzie Wuzzie

Have just switched from AE to ATV - and the latter is brilliant (as is the former). Having music (stored / internet / internet radio) / tv / movies at your fingertips without a computer on is magical. Will probably get a second ATV in due course for the bedroom.

John Duncan

Yep apple tv is genius - I bought one (though subsequently sold it) to allow stand alone music rather than having to rely on the wireless. And the interface is gorgeous if it's plugged into a TV - is your music and tv in the same place smuggs?

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
yes i have an open plan lounge/kitchen, got cdplayer/dac/amp on the left guiter on the right stand in the middle with one the goodies and the tv with the centre mounted above the tv and the sets of spreakers either side of the stand. with the by point behind the sub and the bt hub on the tv stand behind the tv

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts