apple airport express

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am currently using an apple airport express to stream itunes through my arcam amp.Would i be able to improve the sound with a meridian 203 dac and how would i connect this,any help would be great

John Duncan

If you have the meridian already, absolutely, but it will need an optical in, since the AE only has an optical out (which is also the headphone socket). Get a 'toslink jack to toslink' cable that looks like this

Lichtleiter-Toslink-Klinke-5.jpg

and bob's your uncle:

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
Just downloaded the trial.

£13 for a server and as many clients as you like. Genius!

For a member of the geek industry who has more windows-based rubbish around the house than is healthy, this could be my Sonos...for next to nowt!

John Duncan

Isn't it? I didn't try the 'Instant Hijack' to take over apps on the fly, which I think was a separate download, so had to restart clients before they worked, but was nice to hear Ms Newsome being velvety in my living room.

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
Always nice to have Claire in your lounge.
emotion-5.gif

Can't get the hijack as I'm firmly in the Gates rather than Jobs camp when it comes to computers, and it's only available on Mac.

But I have Salling Clicker, which can control iTunes and Media player on a windows PC from my Nokia E65 over wifi, so that does the job...

A

Anonymous

I got a Griffin AirClick, which works on iTunes as well as controlling powerpoint presentations and a few other apps. Pretty cool and cheap as dirt.

A

Anonymous

JohnDuncan:was nice to hear Ms Newsome being velvety in my living room.Her voice must have had a huge change since i last heard her then!

TRENDING THREADS