Anytime Movies, sound loss

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Has anybody started to experience intermitant sound loss while watching a movie on Sky Anytime??

Started last week and I thought it was a 1 off, but now does it with every movie on anytime, amp or sky problem, help!!

Xanderzdad

Jun 25, 2008
Visit site
I have found the same recently - and also on a few normal recordings on Sky HD. I assumed it was weather related initially but it seems to common for that to be a factor.

digigriffin

Sep 25, 2008
Visit site
I watched Ax Men on anytime last week and the were intermittent sound drop outs all the way through.
The really odd thing was if you had a drop out and then rewind and play the same bit again the sound was there?

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
TrevD:
Has anybody started to experience intermitant sound loss while watching a movie on Sky Anytime??

Started last week and I thought it was a 1 off, but now does it with every movie on anytime, amp or sky problem, help!!

I watched The Boy In the Striped Pyjamas last night on Anytime - not one drop out - excellent film too.

A

Anonymous

Gerrardasnails:I watched The Boy In the Striped Pyjamas last night on Anytime - not one drop out - excellent film too.

I tried to watch it but sound was too annoying!! Sky+'d it and watched it with no sound probs, and I agree, very good.

Looks like I'm not alone with the sound issue, which is good news in a way, most probably a Sky fault and not amp!!

tvmog

Apr 1, 2008
Visit site
I also had a few sound drop outs with the Anytime version of Axmen although picture quality was excellent. Are Anytime programmes sent to the box in real time, or is some kind of file compression used. I've often thought that the picture quality of Anytime HD progammes is better than the broadcast picture. This was particularly evident on "The Take" where the first two episodes via Anytime were far crisper and more stable than the last two via normal broadcast.

A

Anonymous

I noticed it the other week - I can't remember which movie it was, but I found that if I "recorded" the movie from Anytime and played it from the normal planner screen I had no more problems.

VoodooDoctor

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
I used the Sky+ Planner Rebuild in the Service menu yesterday. I've watched one film from Anytime since with no more drop-outs. I'll report back if this continues to be the case.

Crossie

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
I have had this happen alot with anytime recordings so Sky have just replaced the Sky HD+ box..however this new box won't record at all. I am now on my third box ( expecting fourth box) in just under two years...not a happy bunny with sky although they have replaced the boxes without any charge. (Never take out a maintenance contract - its not worth it!!). Sky HD is great ...when it works.

Cheers.

tvmog

Apr 1, 2008
Visit site
Davey23:I noticed it the other week - I can't remember which movie it was, but I found that if I "recorded" the movie from Anytime and played it from the normal planner screen I had no more problems.

Watched the first episode of "Lie To Me" recorded across from Anytime yesterday and it had sound drop outs every couple of minutes or so - very irritating. When you record something from "Anytime" does it actually copy the file to another part of the HDD or does the planner just reference the original file?

Also I have noticed that although a nominal one hour programme is actually about 15 mins shorter on Anytime owing to the absence of commercials, the Anytime version usually uses about 1% more disc space than the same programme recorded off air

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts