Anyone using Gaia 2 iso accoustics

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Here guys just posted up a full demo video of the GAIA Isolators if your interested - I am very interested to try some I know that :)

emperor's new clothes

May 28, 2013
Visit site
They work brilliantly in my room/system. Cannot vouch for other applications. Would suggest trying on loan if you can find an amenable dealer such as Jordan Accoustics in Bournemouth. (Hurn). Easy to fit as replace spikes and supply range of screw sizes M6,8 etc.It is important to align the logo pointing forward in order to dampen the cabinet reaction to pistonic driver motion. Would guess they mitigate 95% of vibration normally transmitted to the floor. The dealer also sells Townshend seismic sinks which are allegedly even more effective but cost 4x the price.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
emperor's new clothes said:
They work brilliantly in my room/system. Cannot vouch for other applications. Would suggest trying on loan if you can find an amenable dealer such as Jordan Accoustics in Bournemouth. (Hurn). Easy to fit as replace spikes and supply range of screw sizes M6,8 etc.It is important to align the logo pointing forward in order to dampen the cabinet reaction to pistonic driver motion. Would guess they mitigate 95% of vibration normally transmitted to the floor. The dealer also sells Townshend seismic sinks which are allegedly even more effective but cost 4x the price.
yes the Townshend are pretty expensive but the Gaia seems better priced

So how much of a difference do you hear using them compared to using spikes and shoes is it night and day difference or just a slight difference

emperor's new clothes

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi BS,

Didn't seriously listen to the Rubicons on spikes. Ran them in for 48 hours before switching to GAIAs. In that time it was obvious that the extra output in the bottom octave was causing some boom and overhang, which was not apparent with the Opticons. The GAIAs instantly transformed them and within a few bars of Across the River on SACD, I knew they were keepers. They sit on granite slabs on top of carpeted suspended floor and sound wonderful to my ears. The effect on the mid range is equally surprising. Bass boom is a killer. I have heard many high-end systems over the years and am more than happy with this system. Admittedly, not quite Martin Logan ESLs and Mcintosh that I once heard in Singapore, but close enough and less than a quarter of the price.

Meanwhile the Opticons are performing well in their new role. Now on spikes through thick carpet to relatively inert concret below. Would I buy GAIAs for them? Nope. No need. GAIAs benefits will depend on your room and flooring. Also not much point if they are fed a diet of mushy, flatulent bass from low def sources and compressed files IMHO.

Hope the new amp arrives in good shape. Both Big fish and I suffered a dropped PM14 box delivered by DPD. Peter Tyson replaced it immediately. Sad to see lovingly built and packaged HiFi treated with so little respect.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
emperor's new clothes said:
Hi BS,

Didn't seriously listen to the Rubicons on spikes. Ran them in for 48 hours before switching to GAIAs. In that time it was obvious that the extra output in the bottom octave was causing some boom and overhang, which was not apparent with the Opticons. The GAIAs instantly transformed them and within a few bars of Across the River on SACD, I knew they were keepers. They sit on granite slabs on top of carpeted suspended floor and sound wonderful to my ears. The effect on the mid range is equally surprising. Bass boom is a killer. I have heard many high-end systems over the years and am more than happy with this system. Admittedly, not quite Martin Logan ESLs and Mcintosh that I once heard in Singapore, but close enough and less than a quarter of the price.

Meanwhile the Opticons are performing well in their new role. Now on spikes through thick carpet to relatively inert concret below. Would I buy GAIAs for them? Nope. No need. GAIAs benefits will depend on your room and flooring. Also not much point if they are fed a diet of mushy, flatulent bass from low def sources and compressed files IMHO.

Hope the new amp arrives in good shape. Both Big fish and I suffered a dropped PM14 box delivered by DPD. Peter Tyson replaced it immediately. Sad to see lovingly built and packaged HiFi treated with so little respect.
thanks for that

Yes DPD are a bit rough with hifi equipment I did report to Audiovisual about the condition of the Yamaha A-S3000 box the one I sent back as it looked like it had been dropped on its corner .

Then this afternoon the same driver said I understand this is a expensive item I said yes but didn’t say anything more but looks like Audiovisual had a word with DPD .

Diamond Joe

Mar 1, 2008
Visit site
I'd love to try the Gaia 3's under my Neats, any improvement in sound quality is always welcome but if it means I can play music a little bit louder before my neighbours come and kick my front door in then that's got to be good. *good*

Diamond Joe

Mar 1, 2008
Visit site
Al ears said:
Those Neats are heavy then?
Not at all, they're only Motive 2s, possibly the smallest floorstanders going (with the possible exception of the Totem Arro's?) so they're only 12kg I think. The Gaia 3s are the smallest feet for speakers up to 32kg.

Diamond Joe said:
Al ears said:
Those Neats are heavy then?
Not at all, they're only Motive 2s, possibly the smallest floorstanders going (with the possible exception of the Totem Arro's?) so they're only 12kg I think. The Gaia 3s are the smallest feet for speakers up to 32kg.

My mistake, I thought they numbered them the other way around. I feel sure they did when they first introduced them or maybe I am just imagining it.

emperor's new clothes

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Diamond Joe said:
I'd love to try the Gaia 3's under my Neats, any improvement in sound quality is always welcome but if it means I can play music a little bit louder before my neighbours come and kick my front door in then that's got to be good. *good*
They would certainly help, IMHO. Don't have the neighbour problem, but Nick Mason's kick drum had previously set off the anti-tamper in my alarm's PIR located in the dining room below. Wife can get upset with the siren so pleased that the GAIA's have spared me the wrath.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts