Anyone Used UltraViolet Yet

landzw

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
I had seen this a couple of months back now and have noticed dvd/blu ray films are coming out with an Ultra Violet digital copy. It also claims on its website you can get your films changed to play from Ultra Violet.

Anyone using it and is it any good?

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Yes i've used it but you don't use Ultraviolet to stream or watch any content downloaded onto your computer or device, you are directed to Flixster where you can stream any movies in your collection which seems counter intuitive tbh.

I've tried streaming the only movie in my collection which is Sherlock Holmes 2 and it was quick to buffer and start but the picture quality was not good atall but then that's the case with most streaming services i have tried but when compared to the version i have downloaded onto my computer and iPod touch it's shocking.

The downloaded version is the best way to watch any Ultaviolet digital copies but i'm still not happy that you can't use iTunes as all my movies via this one and The Inbetweeners movie are on iTunes and the ease of use and picture quality is superior to Flixster/Ultraviolet.

The feature to change your copies to play from Ultraviolet is yet to go live so i can't compare the two, the box on the ultraviolet site that enables you to do this when you are signed in just says "Available Dec 20" which is a way off yet.

Hope that helps.

landzw

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
Cheers

I've purchased acouple of films now with an ultraviolet copy and it seems to work well, i've not had many problems streaming through my iPhone or through wifi on my iPad.

It seems to make sence and the hole idea could hurt places like iTunes because soon you will be abe to put all of you'r collection into the cloud buy either getting you'r free version with the film you buy or adding films you already own and paying around £1.50 to £2 to buy the cloud version.

I'm looking forward to see how everything turns out

A

Anonymous

Yup recently brought cheap 2 batman movie set, which came with ultraviolet digital copies. Similar experience to Oldboy.

Could do with Ultraviolet being supported by Google Play store for a more seamless experience on my android phones/tab, but flixster does the job.

Also waiting for the option of getting digital copies of films already own for nominal fee as is already available in the USA

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts