Anyone used the new Sonos Android app yet?

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
I had a play last night for a few minutes, other than crossfade and shuffle now being in different places I liked it. I don't use online services or the search function though, so it really doesn't make much difference to me. I only use the phone app as well, so the complaints about large areas of the tablet app being given over to services doesn't apply to me and I can't see what the complaints about the queue are either, I press the queue button and it brings up the queue, which looks pretty much the same as it did before.

It also fixed the wi-fi connection instability when connecting directly to Sonos' wireless network, so I'm VERY happy about that!

matt49

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
I tried out the tablet app yesterday. This is the first thing Sonos have done that's made me like the system less, though it's not a major issue, and I guess I'll probably come round to it in the end.

I liked being able to see the queue in the middle of the screen, rather than having to click through to it.

I also liked having the zones always visible in the left panel. (Again with the new app you have to click through.) Sharing a house full of zones with the family is great, of course, but it's good to be able to see who in the house is playing what, so that I can yell at them when they accidentally stop my music.

The arrangement of the old tablet app was pretty much the same as the "desktop controller", which worked well for me, as I mainly control Sonos from a laptop and tablet.

So I've deleted the new app from my iPad and gone back to the old one.

Does anyone know what's happening to the old tablet app? Presumably they'll stop supporting it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts