Anyone tried the Mission 794?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I recently auditioned the Mission 794 speakers and am very interested in the speakers because it is quite detailed and has a smooth top end.

Anyone tried listening to them? If so, what are your thoughts and impressions about it?

A

Anonymous

i will be interested to see how these review, they look nice and i have allways liked mission speakers. Clare/andrew/andy do you know if you will be getting any of the 79 series to review

T

the record spot

I hope so; I have Mission 733i's from 1998 and they're super speakers still; that said, since the heady heights of the 752 & 753 Freedoms, Mission seem to have slipped off the radar slightly. The new 79 series looks the part and I'm looking forward to some reviews in the hi-fi press in the near future.

A

Anonymous

I must join this Mission love-in. I've got 731's from the early nineties. imo they're the single best value-for-money speakers ever made. Only 300 bucks in '94 and hard service ever since, they were tacked onto an old yamaha reciever with a technics changer till about '98, then danced back and forth from my tv to filling in on the actual hifi. I still use them for tv and movies, absolute workhorse with a golden voice.

Pike900fish

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
I'm another advocate of Mission speakers and had a pair 0f 734i's for 12 years. Foolishly bought some M74i's recently for a bargain but whilst detailed and good base they were a little overpowering for my system and room. They were either quiet or screechingly loud!!! Probably more suited to Homecinema than Hifi?

I hope the 794's are good and that Mission come back up to speed. Am currently using my old faithfull 760i's as a fill in. For detail and non fatigue at loudish volumes they knock spots off the M74i's and imo are better than the 734i's (excluding the base of course)

A

Anonymous

When I had the audition, I did an A/B comparison with Tannoy's Revolution floor standers and I have to say that even thought the Tannoy's seems to be more flexible with all of types of genre's, the Missions are not as bright as the Tannoy's which is something I prefer.

I have to say that the speakers is fantastic for vocals and jazz music. Have not tried listening to rock music with these floorstanders though.

By the way, can anyone comment whether or not my CA 540A v2 amp can drive these speakers properly?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts