Anyone treating themselves for Christmas

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

muljao

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
daveh75 said:
No. We don't really do Christmas, and not even sure what it is. Some bizarre Paganist, Christian and Capitilist mash up as far as I can tell...

I did back the Eve V convertible/2 in 1 PC (basically a crowd source designed and funded Surface Pro competitor) though nothing to do with it being 'Christmas'

Don't mention that Christmas word :) :) ;)

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
bigfish786 said:
4 new tyres for the Focus ST, and a wedding in June means no tinkering for me for quite some time. Not that I need to, but I'm tempted to upgrade the Amp at some point. Maybe a 2nd hand Tucana II or a MF nu vista.

So that's the missus sorted.

What's she getting for you? The Nu Vista perhaps...?

D

Deleted member 2457

Anyone get anything good? A couple of hats so far for me.
regular_smile.gif

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
Treating myself to a marantz SR6011 and qacoustics concept 40 speakers. Considering adding the quad vena for stereo duties. But Santa has still not managed to convince my better half

Timbot

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Received a NAD D3020 this morning. Sadly it's buggered. Buzzing from the left channel constantly and then some pops. Goes into standby mode after a while (protection shutdown). Have swapped speakers from L to R and it then comes out of the right channel so it's the amp.

Shame as it sounds great with my KEF floorstanders.

:-(

Thanks to my darling daughter I now have the latest Rolling Stones album 'Blue and Lonesome', on of the best I have heard from them in a while.

They really should have employed Eric Clapton on all the tracks though as, good though they may be they're not really blues guitarists. ;-)

tonky

Jan 2, 2008
Visit site
DIB said:
insider9 said:
muljao said:
gel said:
Anyone get anything good? A couple of hats so far for me.

I'm officially old. My wife got me socks

I got socks too :) love getting them though. Really happy she listened as I'm eyeing up a speaker upgrade.

I will see your socks, and raise you the obligatory pair of slippers

Trumped you both!

With my bottle of Old Spice!

regards tonky

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
My (spoilt but nice enough) nephew got a PlayStation VR headset and a selection games for Christmas. I have to say that I have monopolised it somewhat since he got it. *blush* Given that I am 43 years old, somewhat embarrassing behaviour.

I have to say that this technology is IMHO going to be a game changer. In my AV setup I currently have an HD projector and 105 inch screen, which I would gladly swap for a PS 4 and a PlayStation VR headset. It is simply that amazing.

Right, I'm going "virtual diving" again. As a long time scuba diver this thing is utterly realistic. Breathing and wetness aside of course...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts