Anyone own/had demo of Wharfedale Diamond 10.7?

bigblue235

Aug 22, 2007
Visit site
Hi, folks.

Just as title really. Has anyone heard the Diamond 10.7? On paper, they look like a fairly interesting lump of speaker for the money. The mag seems to have given mixed reviews to others in the range - some good, some OKish.

Or feel free to suggest any floorstanding alternatives at similar money, up to £800 or so.

Ta!

shafesk

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
For what its worth I've heard the 10.5s, they are good sounding speakers with nothing much to fault for the price. They do seem to lose their grip at huge volumes, but you wouldn't realistically listen at those levels. For 800 quid I would suggest going for the Mezzo 6's, but that depends on your partnering equipment....don't partner these with bright equipment. Also liked the Tannoy dc6s and Misson MX5s....all good speakers which can become great if your partering equipment is chosen well. A great speaker for the price is the planet duevel....warning: if you look you may fall in love. These are very efficient speakers and have an open soung unlike any other at this price range. Although the bass can be slightly tigher, anything else can hardly be faulted.

xtsili

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I am one of those who own this set of speakers. American and German on-line mags give them a high score and consider them value for money. I feel they don't pay justice to the rest of my system and I would like to upgrade, however one gets a full range speaker, performing well in all areas (a bit bright on the treble dept), capable of playing loud and packing some cabine and driving units technology.

Overall, a lot of speaker for the money.

bigblue235

Aug 22, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for the thoughts so far.

Mezzo 6 I like, but can't get here (Channel Islands). Missions look a bit boyish according to the missus. Tannoys are nice, but maybe a bit polite? Deuvel are wonderfully bonkers, but too bonkers for my flat.

xtsili, are the rest of your components from a higher price bracket than the Wharfedales? Is that why you want to upgrade them, or are you just a little disappointed by them?

proffski

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
bigblue235 said:
Hi, folks. Just as title really. Has anyone heard the Diamond 10.7? On paper, they look like a fairly interesting lump of speaker for the money. The mag seems to have given mixed reviews to others in the range - some good, some OKish. Or feel free to suggest any floorstanding alternatives at similar money, up to £800 or so. Ta!

I've heard them in acinema system (front and rear).

As has been mentioned already they do struggle at 'disco' levels but for general music and domestic use I reckon that they are just utterly brillant and the women do not mind their looks.

bigblue235

Aug 22, 2007
Visit site
Thanks.

Do they look OK up close? I haven't seen them, but I was a bit worried as they have a wrap finish rather than a veneer. Our living room has lots of gloss black and walnut, so hopefully they'll fit in if I choose them.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts