Anyone Managed To Get By With Just A Tablet And No Computer?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
bigboss said:
Thanks. How do I get the image URL if I want to post a google image?

AFAIK you can't get it directly. I save an image onto my phone and then upload it to my photobucket account, using the photobucket app. Then take the direct link from there. It takes less than a minute normally :)

John Duncan

bigboss said:
Thanks. How do I get the image URL if I want to post a google image?

Behaviour depends on browser I think. I could go through a couple to see exactly what comes up, but usually I press and hold and you either get "open image" or "copy link". Have a feeling that opera is better at it than safari (and I can't get it to work at all on Firefox on the Nexus). Then paste the link.

John Duncan

OK. With safari - find image in google images. Tap, and one of the options is "open full size image". Do that and it opens the image and the address in the browser bar is what you need to copy. Do that, Nd in your post, type < I m g s r c = " paste link here " / > without the spaces. PITA I know...

John Duncan said:
OK. With safari - find image in google images. Tap, and one of the options is "open full size image". Do that and it opens the image and the address in the browser bar is what you need to copy. Do that, Nd in your post, type < I m g s r c = " paste link here " / > without the spaces. PITA I know...

Lemme try....

Nope. Not working.

John Duncan

Somehow you've managed to get all sorts of formatting wrapped in and around the link. If I strip out all of that I get:

smiley6906.jpg

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
bigboss said:
This is the only way it has worked for me.

Scene, I've tried your suggestion, but nothing happens after I paste the link & click ok.

Click back onto your post and press return, that may make the image appear in the browser. Or try again, it sometimes takes two goes to work for me.

BenLaw said:
bigboss said:
This is the only way it has worked for me.

Scene, I've tried your suggestion, but nothing happens after I paste the link & click ok.

Click back onto your post and press return, that may make the image appear in the browser. Or try again, it sometimes takes two goes to work for me.

Why is it still not working? |(

Only John's suggestion has worked. I'll stick with it for now.

scene

BenLaw said:
John Duncan said:
Sorry, you always have to disable rich text on an iPad. You are using an iPad yes?

iphone 5 running iOS 6, iPhone 4 before that running previous iOS.

Well I'm still on 5.0 and I can now post with rich text enabled, which is nice...

I think the problem isn't tablets per se, it's iOS and apple...

scene

scene said:
BenLaw said:
John Duncan said:
Sorry, you always have to disable rich text on an iPad. You are using an iPad yes?

iphone 5 running iOS 6, iPhone 4 before that running previous iOS.

Well I'm still on 5.0 and I can now post with rich text enabled, which is nice...

I think the problem isn't tablets per se, it's iOS and apple...

Using opera on the iPad I have to disable rich text...

TRENDING THREADS