Anyone got their iPad 2 yet?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
hammill said:
Highway said:
chebby said:
Clare Newsome said:
Had to order online, as it's being engraved as a present. :love:

Even if the recipient never sells it, it will become unusable when the battery degrades (or Apple eventually remove support for that version).

I not sure why people keep going on about degrading batteries. I have had a number of Classics, Shuffles and Touch's over the years and not one of them has had battery problem. They are still working as I usually pass on to family.

To me this is usually something that Apple knockers cite as reasons not to buy Apple products.

Clare - Lucky you. I would love an iPad, but not in a postition to get one just yet. I am envious of my friends and colleagues who have them!!

Hope you enjoy it.
I am not an Apple knocker, but lithium ion batteries do fail eventually.When this happened on my nokia phone and dell laptop, I simply bought a replacement. It would be nice if the same were possible for mp3 players etc (not just Apple) - to throw away an expensive toy like an ipod for the sake of a new battery seems criminal.
Yeahh!! not often!!

D

Deleted member 2457

Clare Newsome said:
gel said:
I was trying to look for the review of this yesterday, but i could not find it, but i do seem to have lost March issue for this year somewhere around the house, was it in that month? Or have you not done one yet?

Cheers

We haven't done a full review yet - that's going to be in the next issue.

And an update on my iPad2. According to the UPS parcel tracker, the iPad2 has left China, via Hong Kong, and has made its way to Dubai (!), where it's now been shipped to Europe.

Ah, digital technology - so much more environmentally friendly than old tech ;)

smiley-smile.gif

Ah okay thanks, that at least saves me some time, looking for the March issue again,
smiley-smile.gif
i was sure i had not read one yet. Looking forward to reading this review, after some negative feedback on the Ipad one review.

Excellent, thanks.

Chisy1

Aug 13, 2008
Visit site
Yes I have. But only because I managed to buy it from comet.co.uk by shear fluke about 8 days ago and paid for next day delivery. I have to say i'm enjoying it very much. I didn't have 1st gen so for me it was worth the wait

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Mine finally arrived this morning. It's done quite a few airmiles already - I tracked the package from Apple in mainland China, via Hong Kong, Dubai, Germany then finally UK!

It's still syncing away; won't get a chance for a proper play until tonight...

grdunn123 said:
hammill said:
Highway said:
chebby said:
Clare Newsome said:
Had to order online, as it's being engraved as a present. :love:

Even if the recipient never sells it, it will become unusable when the battery degrades (or Apple eventually remove support for that version).

I not sure why people keep going on about degrading batteries. I have had a number of Classics, Shuffles and Touch's over the years and not one of them has had battery problem. They are still working as I usually pass on to family.

To me this is usually something that Apple knockers cite as reasons not to buy Apple products.

Clare - Lucky you. I would love an iPad, but not in a postition to get one just yet. I am envious of my friends and colleagues who have them!!

Hope you enjoy it.
I am not an Apple knocker, but lithium ion batteries do fail eventually.When this happened on my nokia phone and dell laptop, I simply bought a replacement. It would be nice if the same were possible for mp3 players etc (not just Apple) - to throw away an expensive toy like an ipod for the sake of a new battery seems criminal.
Yeahh!! not often!!

As far as I'm aware, you can send it back to Apple to replace the battery for you, at a nominal cost.

Clare Newsome said:
Mine finally arrived this morning. It's done quite a few airmiles already - I tracked the package from Apple in mainland China, via Hong Kong, Dubai, Germany then finally UK!

It's still syncing away; won't get a chance for a proper play until tonight...

Excellent!! Do let us know what your initial thoughts are. I'm looking for a similar device I can take with me conferences & meetings, but lack of a proper MS word is holding me back. Are the compatible apps (Quickoffice etc.) good enough?

neilmistry

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I went into Curry/PC World in the centre of Birmingham on Friday and picked one up - 32GB Wifi in Black. The Apple Store didn't have any, and were only getting a few in a day. I'm very impressed with it. Not donwloaded many apps yet as I only want to get stuff I will find useful. Any recommendations?

ells109

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Nobody thinks they really need one until they actually get it! It's a beautiful thing, especially loving Apple remote though my Meridian F80. The only drawback is you have to be sure your iTunes library is ready for friends to choose obscure tracks to play!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts