Anyone experienced Hyperfi?

Mark Dunlop

Nov 15, 2022
Visit site
Hi All
www dot hyperfi dot co dot uk
Stumbled across this site , based in England, that seems to sell either ex-display, re-conditioned or re-packaged stereo equipment for reasonable reductions. I was looking at a sub-£400 purchase that would normally cost twice as much and could be tempted. Trouble is, their reviews are mostly either 5 star or 1 star, which is always a cause for some concern. Has anyone bought something through the site and would you be prepared to share your experience with us?

Cheers
m.d.

Gray

a cause for some concern.
I think your concern is well placed.
The very mention of that name still causes me great concern.
My dealings in a physical shop of that name, were the most diabolical, contemptible retail experience I have encountered in my life.
I have no qualms about giving them such an advert - because they know it's true.
If it hadn't been for Trading Standards threatening them with court action - they'd still be laughing at me.

Hope that's been of help Mark ;)

Last edited:

matthewpianist

I share the same nervousness over the site and wouldn't buy from them.

I remember years and years ago they used to advertise across multiple green-coloured pages in WHF. I bought the odd thing from them then and they had a combination of current and end-of-line stock. They were pretty good, but seemed to disappear from years and then magically reappear as something quite different.

Gray

I share the same nervousness over the site and wouldn't buy from them.

I remember years and years ago they used to advertise across multiple green-coloured pages in WHF.
That was the time of my encounter with them.
They were well known to Trading Standards who advised me that they had been close to shutting down the shop I dealt with (I wouldn't be surprised if that's what transpired).

Based on their history, I can't imagine that any new owners would have knowingly taken on the name.

Symples

Aug 12, 2021
Visit site
They had a shop in the East of London. I cannot remember where exactly.
I bought some speakers from them. I wasn't happy and they happily changed them.
My Missions 775 I had for around 20 years.

However... that was when they had a shop.
They shut down and opened as a "returned/manufacturer refurbished" store and this is where the problem lays.

Read the 1 star reviews and see why customers are unhappy with him/them.
It seems to be a one man operation selling second hand goods.

Personally, in its current integration. I'd avoid.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mark Dunlop

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts