anyone ever tried the MF A5 Pre Amp with Arcam P35 Power Amps

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
To be honest. you're not going to lose on an Arcam power amp, even the 9P goes for megabucks on fleabay. I'd be willing to bet that even if you sold it in a year you'd lose less than £100.

ÿ

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
well taking a gamble on this one as got a good price - just bought the A5 pre amp and two P35s to use as two mono speakers amplifiers to bi-amplify my rs8 speakers - hopefully the sound won't all end up as a horrible mess but you have to try these things - can always pick up c31 or A5 power if doesn't work out.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
matengawhat:can always pick up c31 or A5 power if doesn't work out.

They will work alright, should be bucket load of details and spine tinkle sound. my logic was base on Musical Fidelity power amps are more sort after that the Pre and vice versa for Arcam (hence the bargain can be had for the two)

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
just received all the bits through and after some initial fiddling now all up and running and wow. i am so impressed - not sure if its the arcams sweeter treble or the whole kit together but the sound is so much more open/spacial - the soundstage if far bigger than before and the bass is tight and deep. can't wait for this to bed in over next few days and get a load of different music through it especially some heavy rock as my only concern was whether my system would end up being to laid back but initial feelings this is going to rock.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
emotion-21.gif

keep us posted
emotion-2.gif

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
matengawhat:just received all the bits through and after some initial fiddling now all up and running and wow. i am so impressed - not sure if its the arcams sweeter treble or the whole kit together but the sound is so much more open/spacial - the soundstage if far bigger than before and the bass is tight and deep. can't wait for this to bed in over next few days and get a load of different music through it especially some heavy rock as my only concern was whether my system would end up being to laid back but initial feelings this is going to rock.

ÿ

Arcams are given a big disservice on this site. A power amped system is just devine in my opinion. Glad you are happy - my biamp setup is impressive to my ears too.

ÿ

ÿ

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts