Anyone buy The Last Jedi?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

I got it cheap on DVD for a change and was more than happy with the picture quality. Haven’t tried out the sound yet. Anyone else buy it? I thought it was okay the film and went by pretty quick, so it could’ve been that bad.

macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
as the reviews on Amazon are mostly terrible with some even saying that the 4k bluray version lacks a decent picture and that the soundtrack has been muted.

maybe wait until it comes on Sky, or find a cheap one on ebay.

*music2*

D

Deleted member 2457

Glad I didn’t buy the 4K version then. You can get the DVD and Blu-ray copy at Sainsbury’s with a free book.

laserman16

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site
macdiddy said:
as the reviews on Amazon are mostly terrible with some even saying that the 4k bluray version lacks a decent picture and that the soundtrack has been muted.

*music2*

The picture and sound on Bluray are supposed to very good according to this review.

laserman16

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site
macdiddy said:

*music2*

The picture and sound on Bluray are supposed to very good according to this review.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
you have to turn the sound up more than usual by about 10db on my system but then oh boy it's a barn storming sound track with some incredible bass samples used.

There was some odd looking scenes but then I realised they are likely the best looking 3D scenes and look odd in 2d

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Don't buy it, don't watch it, don't rent it.

The movie is a protest for Hilary Clinton not winning the election.

What a crap disappointing star wars movie.

D

Deleted member 2457

Benedict_Arnold said:
^ There hasn't been a good one since The Return of The Jedi in 1983. There's a reason why they skipped to the so-say fourth episode back in 1976 or 77....
Yep, they thought the first 3 were rubbish.

ellisdj said:
you have to turn the sound up more than usual by about 10db on my system but then oh boy it's a barn storming sound track with some incredible bass samples used.

There was some odd looking scenes but then I realised they are likely the best looking 3D scenes and look odd in 2d
Yes, you're right. Had to crank the volume up for this.

D

Deleted member 108165

Blacksabbath25 said:
i just rented it i thought it was a bit boring

I went to the flicks to see it when it came out and thought it was boring too so doubt I'll be buying it for the small screen.

I wasn't interested in the offshoots from the main films so never bothered with Rogue One when it came out but was lent it by my nephew... Rogue One is a proper Star Wars movie for me, it seems to capture all the rawness of the originals.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
That’s the trouble I like the original star was films that came out in the 1970s onwards they just have that grip that makes you carry on watching them more then ones .

but the modern ones are kind of ok but not in the same level as the classic original star was films they seemed to lost that magic the originals had but I think that’s my age showing but what the younger people think about this I am unsure if they like the originals or the modern films and suppose they think the originals look dated now as they are old films with proper acting in .

Sliced Bread

bigboss said:
ellisdj said:

Yes, you're right. Had to crank the volume up for this.
I'm glad it's not just me. I started watching this last night and thought there was something wrong with my setup. *dash1*

I'll try turning it up more when I watch the second half, as I was up about 5db for the first half and was a bit disappointed with the audio. Then again I've just finished watching Prometheus which is a tough act to follow when it comes to fidelity *drinks*

D

Deleted member 2457

Just put it through my amp and it’s coming up as Dial Norm +2 not the normal +4. That’s why it’s quieter.

Sliced Bread

gel said:
Just put it through my amp and it’s coming up as Dial Norm +2 not the normal +4. That’s why it’s quieter.

wonder why they did that?

It feels subjectively quieter even than that though. I normally watch on about -30 to -27db and I had this on about -24 and it still felt too quiet.

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Blacksabbath25 said:
That’s the trouble I like the original star was films that came out in the 1970s onwards they just have that grip that makes you carry on watching them more then ones  .

but the modern ones are kind of ok but not in the same level as the classic original star was films they seemed to lost that magic the originals had but I think that’s my age showing but what the younger people think about this I am unsure if they like the originals or the modern films and suppose they think the originals look dated now as they are old films with proper acting in .
As opposed to all CGI. Or computer generated CARTOONS as they should be called.

Poor Generation Spongebob....

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
What going on with mastering of Blu rays and 4k disc. First we had the bad sounding Thor Ragnarok now The last Jedi. Hope we not getting the same treatment of horrible Mastered music. *sad*

D

Deleted member 2457

Sliced Bread said:
gel said:

wonder why they did that?

It feels subjectively quieter even than that though. I normally watch on about -30 to -27db and I had this on about -24 and it still felt too quiet.
Thinking about I can’t remember how the other Star Wars were done. I am thinking Indiana Jones was not Dial Norm +4 too.

That just shows how powerful your amp is mine was on about -15db.

F

FunkyMonkey

No. Because:

1. It's Star Wars

2. It's bad

3. It's expensive

4. It's Star Wars

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts