Any views on the Sagemcom freeview HD PVR

bay24

Aug 13, 2007
Visit site
Has anyone seen this or experienced what it is like? I may be getting a new TV and Freeview HD is a must I think! It is going very cheap on amazon at the moment.

bay24

Aug 13, 2007
Visit site
Looks like that is a know then... I just picked one up from amazon for £179 which I thought was a bit of a bargain. it had some bad reviews initially but looks like a software update seems to have sorted these problems as it has had more recent good reviews. Fingers crossed!!

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Be good to see what you think of this - from what I've read it's not something I've even considered, but for £179, it could well be worth a look instead of the Fetch / Technika HD box (which seems to really be quite awful in terms of reliability!).

bay24

Aug 13, 2007
Visit site
professorhat:
Be good to see what you think of this - from what I've read it's not something I've even considered, but for £179, it could well be worth a look instead of the Fetch / Technika HD box (which seems to really be quite awful in terms of reliability!).

I will post my thoughts once I get an hd tv!! I have had the go ahead from the lady of the house to seek out a 42" plasma preferably a panasonic so I jumped in with the pvr and now need to find the tv!
I have been looking at a few of the new hd pvrs and they all seem to be getting bad customer reviews, I was thinking of the Phillips until I saw reviews and your traumas with it. I remembered sagem getting a whfi award for a pvr a while back so I thought it would be worth a try.

bay24

Aug 13, 2007
Visit site
After 1 month of testing I have sent the sagem back to amazon. In the time I had it it crashed 6 times and seemed to be getting more frequent the longer I had it. The tv guide was very slow even with the latest update and the guide itself made your eyes hurt just looking at it due to the colour. The contols in general were a bit annoying like not being able to view the tv guide when watching a recorded program was rather poor.
It did have some good points; being able to put programs into folders, finding the freeview hd channels easily and picture quality seemed good on my 26inch sony.
I know this is a cheap recorder at £180 but I would expect it to perform better than this. It seems good freeview hd pvrs are thin on the ground so I am back to my £80 bargain digifusion pvr which is generally quite reliable until something freeview hd comes along at a reasonable price.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts