Any system improvement ideas? Pease.

Graham_Brazendale

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi. I stream music, watch films, some TV via Apple 4K TV (Apple Music), most TV via Sky Q box. Both Apple TV and Sky Q box, HDMI to Panasonic TX-50X700B TV, then optical to Cambridge CX A60 amp and new B&W 607 (non anniversary) on three pillar Atacama stands. Sound is good, but any ideas to tweak further without too much expense? Cheers and thanks, Graham.IMG_0381.jpg

D

Deleted member 160668

Here's a couple for you.

Speaker placement- have a really good play with this, the one on the right looks close to the wall. Huge gains can be had from getting them the right distance out from wall and with enough room to breathe. That's free to do too.

Stands - are they filled? If not - kiln dry sand, and play with filling them. Try half full, three quarters full etc.

Max spend from both a few quid. Possible result is a huge improvement.

Graham_Brazendale

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Do not have one speaker close to the wall than the other speaker.

Cable ?

Speakers on isoacoustics stands on each side of the tv ?
Hi, thanks for replying.
problem is very limited choice as to positioning, door to left and fire brest to right.
photo gives better idea, room 10’ by 22’.

cable, is a good idea.
best regards, Graham.
Lounge.jpg

Stu 299

Jan 23, 2021
Visit site
TV above the fire with speakers either side would make a big difference. you could leave the separates where they are and bury leads under the carpet.

Graham_Brazendale

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Here's a couple for you.

Speaker placement- have a really good play with this, the one on the right looks close to the wall. Huge gains can be had from getting them the right distance out from wall and with enough room to breathe. That's free to do too.

Stands - are they filled? If not - kiln dry sand, and play with filling them. Try half full, three quarters full etc.

Max spend from both a few quid. Possible result is a huge improvement.

Hi, I will check stands as I really can’t remember if filled or not; good idea though.
Speaker placement difficult, due to room dimensions, please photo in reply to Gasolin.

thanks for your input. Cheers Graham

Graham_Brazendale

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
TV above the fire with speakers either side would make a big difference. you could leave the separates where they are and bury leads under the carpet.
Hi Stu, it’s a thought but I’ve never liked televisions mounted over a fireplace, also the viewing angle where it is at present is just fine.
will give it some thought, though.

Stu 299

Jan 23, 2021
Visit site
Hi Graham, I'll be in the same boat soon. Redecorating and refurnishing the living room shortly and struggling to find ideal speaker placement and that's planning everything else around them! The sand in the speaker stands is a good one, I've just done it myself. Really cheap and easy upgrade.

Stu 299

Jan 23, 2021
Visit site
Also have you checked the quality of the stream you get from Apple. I'm new to streaming and went for Tidal after getting advice on here. It's supposed to be CD quality and it sounds great to me.

Tidal do a month free if you wanted to compare.

D

Deleted member 160668

Looking at the second pic - if this was my room....

Telly on wall above the fire. Whacking great floorstanders on either side of fireplace. Jobs a good un 😂

Graham_Brazendale

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Thanks guys, really appreciate your ideas!

Perhaps I should say that the B&W 607's are just over a week old, bearly run in and a massive improvement over my previous 685's!

I have tried Spotify, Tidal and frankly any improvement over Apple Music is marginal.

I was and am just looking for marginal improvements, as I am very pleased with with my setup, but you can always improve.

A final thought, is there any merit in buying a separate DAC to go between television and amp, rather than rely on the inbuilt one in the Cambridge?

Best regards,

Graham.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts