Any suggestions for hiding cables in a new build

hybridauth_facebook_670373973

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi - I am currently building a new house and will have a dedicated room for home cinema - going to have an Epson 6100W, Yamaha RXV775 and it looks like Dali 1 5.1 or Dali 5 5.1.

The house is just being built and I am wondering if there is anything I could suggest to the builder to hide speaker cable and hdmi cable. (I mention hdmi as I hope to have my AV equipment, PS4 etc... at the back of the room and I might use a tv from time to time instead of the projector for gaming).

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Yes, you can put cables in during the first fix of the build stage. That's the best time.

Plan where your speakers and projector will be, and where you're keeping your AV receiver etc. Also don't forget you'll need a power supply for the projector.

F

FunkyMonkey

I did just this a couple of weeks ago.

I tacked on my own cables to the breeblock inner walls. Took me a whole day. but then there were 11 speakers to wire up (Dolby atmos ready), subwoofer cable, hdmi to tv, hdmi to projector, cable for motorised projector screen, internet cable to tv, internet cables to router (ready for a switch). I collected them all in back corner of room where I will put a cupboard where all the hardware will sit and hide the plethora of wires coming out of wall.
I didn't want to spend money on superfluous wall plates.
Don't forget to specify enough sockets. You can't have too many sockets.

F

FunkyMonkey

Forgot to say, after I had done it, the builder kindly put metal cable plates over the wire runs for easier detection and protection in future.
He then plasterboarded over then obviously plastered.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts