Any rumours of new Arcam FMJ range

BillDay66

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Hi, was just wondering if anybody might have heard any rumours / news on any new Arcam products - specifically 2 channel amps wih a built in DAC (like everybody else seems to be making!)

The current range seems to be getting more and more discounted all the time

Be interested in any insider knowledge![:#]

A

Anonymous

BillDay66:

Hi, was just wondering if anybody might have heard any rumours / news on any new Arcam products - specifically 2 channel amps wih a built in DAC (like everybody else seems to be making!)

Be interested in any insider knowledge!
emotion-16.gif

I think they would be wise to sort out there issues with there blu-ray player and receivers before re-evaluating there 2 channel line up.

manicm

BillDay66:

emotion-16.gif

Discounted? First I've heard of this.

BillDay66

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Some very good deals around without looking too hard (Audio T - creative audio)

I enquired about an A38 with a Phono stage extra, from one dealer and he said he would see if they (meaning Arcam) had any left? but wouldnt elaborate? And havent heard back from him either.

manicm

BillDay66:

Some very good deals around without looking too hard (Audio T - creative audio)

I enquired about an A38 with a Phono stage extra, from one dealer and he said he would see if they (meaning Arcam) had any left? but wouldnt elaborate? And havent heard back from him either.

Dealers behave eccentrically sometimes. I tried for weeks to order a rDock for my Mini from my dealer, and after many promises I gave up and got it from another dealer. He could have just told me he's not interested.

Anyway, I doubt there's a new FMJ range in the near horizon, otherwise Arcam would have made some announcement on their website of show appearances etc etc.

SSM

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
So there is no glimmer of new FMJ amps on the horizon, then? My A28 has impressed favorably to tempt me to consider getting the A38, but I'd hate to commit and then find out the A38 gets an improved successor.
emotion-3.gif

There were about six years between the premiere of the A32 and the A38. So if Arcam is on schedule, 2014 is the release date for the new FMJs (provided the world hasn't ended in 2012
emotion-4.gif
)

SS

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
BillDay66:

emotion-16.gif

Not that we're aware of: most of Arcam's recent activity has been on AV receivers (AVR400/500/600) and the new Blu-ray player (tested in Feb issue of the mag, on sale now).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts