Any recommendations for in-ear headphone ?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I am considering replacing the standard earphones that came with my ipod classic as they never stay in place and keep falling out every few minutes whilst listening.

I was therefore, wondering if anyone has any recommendations. I was considering one of the following:-

Bose Triport in-ear phones,
Sennheiser CX300 II,
Sennheiser CX400 II (I assume these are identical to CX300 II, except it has
an inbuilt volume control),
Shure Se110-N / SE110 / SE102 (What is the difference between the Se110-N and SE110 ?)
Klipsch image S4 / Klipsch image S4i (S4i has integrated controls for the ipod)

Has anyone had any experience of these or would you recommend any others?

I mainly use my earphones for commuting, and my budget is around £50.

My criteria for the earphones are that they stay in my ear whilst listening, obviously sound & build quality as well as not leaking sound. As I use them for commuting, I would prefer in-ear rather than over-ear headphones. Furthermore, as I live under the Heathrow flight path, eliminating external noise would be fantastic.

I have checked the best buy section of the website, and saw that the Sennheiser CX300 II is the recommended choice for a budget of up to £50. However, my personal preference from the Sennheisers is the CX400 II, purely because it has an inbuilt volume control. They are also available for around £30.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

A

Anonymous

I have the Sennheiser CX300's for my Classic and the PX100's for my PC. Both are excellent headphones and for the money are tough to beat.

With the discount prices around I doubt you would not be pleased with them.

rob_981

Dec 10, 2007
Visit site
I have the Sennheiser CX300-II's, based on the WHF recommendation, and I was amazed by the step up in quality from the Ultimate Ears Metro.Fi 2s I'd been using before, and which I'd thought were the dog's....The difference was so noticeable from the second I put them on, and they stay in my ears much better too.

I have actually just bought a pair of CX400-II's off Ebay, as I wanted a spare pair, and the volume control is a big plus for me. They were much cheaper on Ebay. If you get one of the Sennheisers, I'm sure you'll be delighted.

A

Anonymous

Thanks very much for your advice Trevor & Rob.

Based on your advice, I will be buying one of the Sennheisers, most likely, the CX400-II because of the handy volume control.

Thanks once again.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts