Any opinions on the Roksan Kandy L3

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Any opinions on the Roksan Kandy L3. I cannot get a demo nearby and I don't drive so will be difficult to get one. Besides What Hi-Fi nobody has had a good thing to say about it,on forums and in Hi-fi shops. Roksan aren't giving What Hi-Fi wods of cash are they!

A

Anonymous

Isn't there a Sevenoaks nearby? They'd be happy to demo one, for sure. Not heard one myself, but a good hifi who I bought my speakers from (Technosound in Dunstable - was a bit of a drive for me, but they're great and worth a drive IMO) recommended them, amongest other, so can't be too shabby.

Someone who knows what they're talking about wil no-doubt be along in a minute, but they'll want to know what the rest of the system will be...

cheers

bloney

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="JamieD"]
Roksan aren't giving What Hi-Fi wods of cash are they!

[/quote]

No Jamie, they're not! We've just found it an incredibly good performer up against every rival in its price-class.... Worth persevering to hear if you can.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Cyrus are better imo.....

[quote user="Clare Newsome"]Roksan aren't giving What Hi-Fi wods of cash are they![/quote]

I can't stand people who said something like that.....I heard that sort of accuse from many forums. Hay Marketing is a well respected international company with many many mags under their roof.....why risk it? make no sense what so ever!

A

Anonymous

Ha Yeh Tongue n Cheek. I buy What Hi fi all time but things ppl have said have made me doubt the Roksan. No Hi fi shop around me stocks them. I have been to Sevenoakes told them I wanted the Roksan,What hi fi winner and all that,the manager told me to change my magazine. I have been in contact with Audio Republic in Headingley,I am goin this Saturday to check out a Rega,Sugden and Naim Niat 5i,they don't stock the Kandy either,had a chat with him and he said they got one in to see what all the fuss is about and they were left scratchin their heads. Also I've been on a few forums and cannot get any other opinions about it.I realy want to check it out for myself but cannot get to a Hi Fi shop that sells them cos I don't drive. I think I have narrowd my choice to Roksan Kandy with Power amp or two Audiolab 8000P with a pre amp,can't get demo of this either. So im realy lookin to buy based on ppl's opinions:)I value What hi fi's opinion alot and am very tempted to just buy Roksan. Any opinions on the two. Thanks

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Demo is a must with Kandy! Clare's ears are not yours nor mine. Many said too bright and many love the Kandys....in that price range there are so many good gears out there and none are bad.
As a MF owner may I said that Watt per Pound you just can't beat it. Nait 5 is great for rock and dance as they are so PRaTy while Sugden is smooth and natural. have fun mate.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Demo is a must for ANY piece of proper kit - as we clearly say each issue.

And yes, my ears are different to others - as are everyone's! - which is why we group test everything, and don't rely on a single reviewer's opinions, as so many magazines do....

I'd say the most obvious thing to do is contact Henley Designs - UK distributor of Roksan - and find out your nearest stockist. They have a dealer finder on their website, here.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Thaiman"]
I didn't have a pop, my dearest editor....why are you on defensive mode today?

[/quote]

Sorry, didn't realise that came across as defensive - just trying to be helpful by pointing out that dealer finder!

We're really, really busy here with Awards judging (plus small matter of producing a magazine), so apologies if I appear brusque - would rather answer more questions without frills than many with full pleasantaries!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts