Any new hi-fi products out / due out?

paulsue38

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
There was a thread today about new Creek electronics due soon. The Arcam A19 came out recently. Presumably the other Arcam amps will be upgraded. The new Yamaha CD/Streamer looks interesting.
Any news on new Rega poducts what about the rumoured replacement for the Elicit amp?
Paul

Ambrose

Feb 19, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

Mentioned today at local dealer about saturn-R and comment was it should due in next few months but with Rega you never know!

I heard Naim cd5si today with Nait XS and motive 3s and petite SX in quite big room and both sounded very good. The Petites really draw you into the music and are rather special from quick demo I had. a very nice system with either speaker.

I hope to get home demo as been offered an excellent trade in on the SX. I hope it sounds as good with my rega dac and nait 5i-2.

Can't wait :)

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Should be taking delivery of a new hi-fi product next week for assessment purposes - the manufacturer asked for our thoughts on the product. I can't say what it is at the moment, but will certainly be an interesting addition to their range...I suppose I'll give more details as and when I'm allowed to, if WHF doesn't announce it first :)

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
BigH said:
There are new amps from Arcam and Creek at around £500.

Where is the new Arcam amp being sold for £500?

Most of the places I looked at just now are selling the new FMJ A19 for £650.

2013 is Rega's 40th anniversary, so I would expect more new products throughout the year. (RP10 'flagship' TT for starters.)

Rega also need to address what they are going to do about their 'Rega Radio 3' tuner. They either need to re-case it (to match the current Brio-R/Apollo-R boxes) or scrap it, or develop a new FM/DAB/Internet tuner. But that bit is my opinion/speculation only.

paulsue38

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
The Yamaha CD - N500 Network CD player looks like an interesting development. With both CD, streaming, internet radio , and both I phone and Android capability and apps. All for 500 pound. :grin:

Anyone heard this yet? I wonder what the quality of the CD playback is like, good enough to consider as a standalone player I wonder?

paulsue38

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
chebby said:
BigH said:
There are new amps from Arcam and Creek at around £500.

Where is the new Arcam amp being sold for £500?

Most of the places I looked at just now are selling the new FMJ A19 for £650.

2013 is Rega's 40th anniversary, so I would expect more new products throughout the year. (RP10 'flagship' TT for starters.)

Rega also need to address what they are going to do about their 'Rega Radio 3' tuner. They either need to re-case it (to match the current Brio-R/Apollo-R boxes) or scrap it, or develop a new FM/DAB/Internet tuner. But that bit is my opinion/speculation only.

There were certainly rumours about a new Rega amp to replace the Mira.

Paul

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts