Any new HD channels due on SKY?

A

Anonymous

Unless you have the full pack, sports and movies (why can't we call them film channels instead?) then there are many less than 55, and most of them are rubbish!

A

Anonymous

I have all 55 and its great! Plenty to watch for me!

Graham Thomas what actual channels would you like on HD then? we now have BBC 1, ITV 1,2,3 & 4, C4, C5, Sky1, 4 Sky Sports Channels countless movie channels which already covers most of it!

fayeanddavid

May 27, 2009
Visit site
andytucker:

Graham Thomas what actual channels would you like on HD then? we now have BBC 1, ITV 1,2,3 & 4, C4, C5, Sky1, 4 Sky Sports Channels countless movie channels which already covers most of it!

And the answer is....................?

fayeanddavid

May 27, 2009
Visit site
andytucker:

And the answer is.............?

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
I have the full package along with a multi room HD installation too. Seemed that on the run up to the end of last year there was an announcement almost every couple of weeks with new HD channels - the nothing at all since and it's almost March.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Nothing at all since?
emotion-3.gif
Have you not noticed Sky Atlantic (and Anytime+)
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

Sky Atlantic is great, but not really enjoying that boardwalk empire though.

And Sky Anytime+ what a joke, no one I know has it yet, And Sky anytime.. LOL Like 10 shows.

Lets hope anytime + comes very soon to all

daveh75

HD channel launches won't be anywhere near as prolific as they were on the run upto xmas/beginning of this year. In fact the only HD channels tentatively scheduled for launch on Sky so far are Racing UK HD and UTV HD (NI only obv.).

Apart from that, what's left that isn't already HD?

The major channels mostly already have HD variants, so it only really leaves the PSBs sister channels. The BBC won't be launching anymore channels now till at least 2013, channel 5 are concentrating on rebranding atm, Film 4 is still exclusive to Virgin.

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
I remember Sky saying that they would hit the 50 HD channels by Christmas 2010, may sound daft but my kids keep asking when some of the Disney channels will be available in HD, there are only 2 or 3 at present. I'm aware that many of the current channels specialize i showing reruns of old BBC comedy/drama and there's little point in producing an equivalent HD channel. Would like to see more music channels in HD too plus Sky 2 and 3.

A

Anonymous

I would love channel 5 to go HD, most of the shows like csi are not HD, plus no Dolby digital either, very poor.

Other than that I am happy with all the HD I have

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
canada16:

I would love channel 5 to go HD, most of the shows like csi are not HD, plus no Dolby digital either, very poor.

Other than that I am happy with all the HD I have

That's part of the issue I guess - there are still too many so called 'HD' chaneels outputting non HD material for the majority of their air time.

Red Dragon

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I would love to see the HD channels becoming part of the the main channel listings so that you don't have to go searching for them in the Extra Channel section...ie BBC1 and ITV...very annoying as you don't get schedule info that way either...

fayeanddavid

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Red Dragon:I would love to see the HD channels becoming part of the the main channel listings so that you don't have to go searching for them in the Extra Channel section...ie BBC1 and ITV...very annoying as you don't get schedule info that way either...

???

Haven't Sky just updated all the HD channels for simpler use, makes perfect sense to separate them out, especially as there are 55?

Don't understand your point, unless your are suggesting that all channels should be jumbled together (HD and SD), which they are (I think) under the none HD banner...............

???

micks_address

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
well the tv advert sky are running for ireland says its got irelands largest HD channel lineup.. with more channels on the way soon.. so could be just BBC 1 hd.. .or a few like that.. i still cant figure why BBC is on the republics epg along with channel 4 when itv and all the variants arent... where's the logic there?

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Graham_Thomas:Unless you have the full pack, sports and movies (why can't we call them film channels instead?) then there are many less than 55, and most of them are rubbish!

No, there are 55 HD channels available from Sky, if you don't want to pay for them that's nobody's problem except your own.

The question wasn't how many FREE HD channels are on Sky.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts