Any Joni Mitchell fans here?

insider9

I've done something today that I'm not sure why I didn't do thus far. I've listen to first 8 albums by Joni Mitchell back to back. And I'm even more blown away than if I'd be listening to them on their own. Spectacular!

DCarmi

Not particularly a fan but I do find myself listening to her music fairly regularly. Especially Ladies of the Canyon and Blue. I have a very soft spot for the less regarded Both Sides Now, which I often put on in an evening. I'll dip into a few of the other albums, that I am less familiar with.

Reactions: insider9

Oxfordian

Not sure about Joni, listened to Blue today via AM and have to be honest it was okay but didn’t blow me away, not my normal choice of music so will have to listen a few times more to get my head round her style and sound.

Other than hearing a track on the radio this was my first listen to one of Joni’s albums, at the moment I’m open minded, didn’t dislike but equally I didn’t think that the album was one of the all time greats.

Maybe another listen will help.

bartrik

Jun 4, 2021
Visit site
Big fan here.
'Both Sides Now' also one of my favourites.
Another suggestion: Herbie Hancock's 'River - The Joni Letters'. I never tire of hearing it.

0060253742093_600.jpg

Reactions: insider9

Tinman1952

Blimey that takes me back to the early seventies when I had just left school…. Back then there was just nobody else like Joni. Since then of course we’ve had many female singer songwriters but back then it was relatively rare. Carol King’s Tapestry album was a huge hit back then too. 🙂

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts