Question Any idea which magazine for a specific review?

Messiah

Hi All,

Not sure where to ask this. This category seems to fit.

I am collecting (I guess you could say) a few specific back issues that hold reviews of kit I own.

Does anybody know which issues (assuming What Hi*Fi? Reviewed them) had reviews of the Pioneer BD-LX71 Blu-Ray player and Pioneer VSX-LX70 Receiver?

(Probably circa 2008 I think)

Thanks!

Hi All,

Not sure where to ask this. This category seems to fit.

I am collecting (I guess you could say) a few specific back issues that hold reviews of kit I own.

Does anybody know which issues (assuming What Hi*Fi? Reviewed them) had reviews of the Pioneer BD-LX71 Blu-Ray player and Pioneer VSX-LX70 Receiver?

(Probably circa 2008 I think)

Thanks!
If WHF didn't review them then Google reviews of said items, perhaps another publication did.
Why not just print of reviews that can be found online rather than purchasing back issues of the magazine itself?
The bluray player was reviewed here (24th Sept 2008) but not sure which actual print issue it appears in:-

Messiah

Thanks!

I am a man who likes a bit of nostalgia and likes to collect stuff. Its nice to look back at some old magazines, take a look at the reviews, the adverts, the other stuff that was available back then.

I feel it makes sense that if I get a few magazines together that they should also have reviews of kit I own (good or bad!).

I have the mags with reviews of my Kenwood gear from around 25 years ago so some issues from 12 years ago would be nice. It's good to see how the mag has changed, how the whole landscape has changed in that time.

Hope that makes some kind of sense.

Thanks!

I am a man who likes a bit of nostalgia and likes to collect stuff. Its nice to look back at some old magazines, take a look at the reviews, the adverts, the other stuff that was available back then.

I feel it makes sense that if I get a few magazines together that they should also have reviews of kit I own (good or bad!).

I have the mags with reviews of my Kenwood gear from around 25 years ago so some issues from 12 years ago would be nice. It's good to see how the mag has changed, how the whole landscape has changed in that time.

Hope that makes some kind of sense.
Perfect sense.
Just have no idea where you would get the relevant back issue from.

D

Deleted member 2457

If WHF didn't review them then Google reviews of said items, perhaps another publication did.
Why not just print of reviews that can be found online rather than purchasing back issues of the magazine itself?
The bluray player was reviewed here (24th Sept 2008) but not sure which actual print issue it appears in:-
It did get 5 stars when first reviewed but then dropped a star when the lower Pioneer 51F got reviewed because it was basically the same spec but at a cheaper price:

When the Pioneer sc-lx81 amp first got reviewed there was a double spread of the Pioneer sc-lx81 and the Pioneer bdp-lx71.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 2457

The Pioneer vsx-lx70 amp got 4 stars basically saying a great amp but careful partnering is need because a tad bright.

D

Deleted member 2457

Thanks gel. Any idea what issues or even a ballpark?
The Pioneer Bdp-lx71 was about September 2008, August 2008. I bought mine then joined this website in November 2008. The Pioneer VSX-lx70 amp I think was early 2008/mid 2007. The Pioneer bdp-lx71 was on the front cover from memory. And so was the Pioneer sc-lx81 amp about the same time.

buzz_lightclick

The Pioneer Bdp-lx71 was about September 2008, August 2008. I bought mine then joined this website in November 2008. The Pioneer VSX-lx70 amp I think was early 2008/mid 2007. The Pioneer bdp-lx71 was on the front cover from memory. And so was the Pioneer sc-lx81 amp about the same time.
So that must be roughly when you first got into the hobby? Have you still got your LX71 blu ray player, as I remember you used to think it was great?

D

Deleted member 2457

So that must be roughly when you first got into the hobby? Have you still got your LX71 blu ray player, as I remember you used to think it was great?
No, I had 3 home cinema systems before then. It was roughly 2004 I got into home cinema with a Pioneer all in one home cinema system which I got from Hi Spek but that was from reading the mag because my dad used to buy them so they were always laying around so I started reading them when I wanted a new DVD player. But my first DVD player was a Wharfdale from Tesco where I worked part time while at University and I got a staff 10 per cent discount on it came to around £100. It was awesome too!

I worked out in 2004 instead of buying a new DVD player I could get a home cinema system all in one with speakers and a DVD player for the price of a really good DVD player so I bought one. My first LCD TV was a Philips ambilight TV for 32-inch cost me £1400 from Empire Direct it got 5 stars in WHF. I had being eyeing them up ever since LCD technology had came out.

How about you mate, when did you first get into home cinema because you joined the forums virtually from the off?

D

Deleted member 2457

Group test involving the Pioneer bdp-lx71 player:

I seem to remember the Denon one won the group test but the Pioneer 71 got more stars including features build quality extra. Good one to own.

Reactions: Messiah

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts