Any happy Sony ubp x800 owners

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Got mine for my birthday last Friday. Best Buy was selling them off at $150, down from $300.

Very easy to set up and sound is excellent (watched Atomic Blonde with its 80s pop soundtrack) but can't really comment on picture's "whiter whites" or "blacker blacks" because the old-ish Samsung 6 series 4K TV its hooked up too doesn't "do" HDR.

BD loading is reasonably quick and quiet and I for one can't hear the thing whirring during playback.

Case is solid and its more impressive than the Samsung's.

Dual HDMIs although the second is audio only, plus a coaxial digital.

Bottom line - for $150 I've got no complaints at all!

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
seemorebtts said:
Just got mine very pleased. Lots of detail for the price and pleasant sound only bad thing is I can't put an expensive power cable in it :-(

Just wrap the standard one in tin foil
Should help you to relax

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Well, after a disappointment in a large chain store (no names no pack drill, but their logo consists of a red circle surrounding a red dot, all on a white background) which had a sign on the shelf saying "Sony 4K blu-ray player $79.99" only to find out that price was for a (conveniently out of stock) 4K upscaling player and that the the price at the till for the 4K player was actually $149.99, we went to another big chain and bought a second X800 for the living room.

Just watched Alient Covenant, superb picture on this TV which, unlike the one upstairs in the media room, is HDR, but no surround sound. Burger (cough). About to watch Atomic Blonde again. So far no freezes. Maybe the firmware updates fixed the problem, who knows?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts