any happy owner of Yamaha RX A2010 ?

surroundman

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,

I would like to buy Yamaha RX A2010, which is very similar compare to RX A3010.

Have you experienced any problem with this model ?

Thank you.

MMW

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
I´ve owned a RX-A2010 for a year and have at home for one month a RX-A3010. There is a real sonic difference between both. At the end the 2010 it´s warmer sounding and the 3010 it´s more transparent and a bit more detailed and spacious sounding. This difference was very aparent with my Monitor Audio Apex speakers. By the way let me tell you the 3010 needs a good break in time (around 200 hours in my experience) to sound at his best. At the very beginning may sound a bit thin and harsh (just and only when compared to a fresh out of the box 2010 that sounds very good from the very beginning), but after the break in time the 3010 it´s the clearly the better, purer, more transparent and spacious 3D sounding amplifier of both.

At last the 2010 paired with trasnparent sounding speakers it´s a superb sounding amplifier in multichannel and stereo listening. To me the Yamaha Aventage line it´s something like a "classic". Very matured, refined and balanced sound.

Hope this helps.

surroundman

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
yes I agree with bigboss, depends on speakers, that is I have been told in Richer sounds.

What is your opinion bigboss about my configuration regarding RX 2010 or 3010:

Mezzo 6, mezzo 1, B&W HTM62, sub and surround back oonly from 1005.2 series

I am sure that you would not be happy about my mix brand. I have asked mordaunt short company and they answered me:

it is not problem with mix, but I will hear the difference between, and also yamaha and mezzo are good match.

My question is still : RX 2010 or 3010.

I have no chance to get demo in my town. So I asked guy from audiovisual company, he told me that between 2010 and 3010 is very little difference in sound quality, probably I wont hear any .

I can wait and save money for RX 3010 or just buy 2010 and save about 180 £.

I have already order epson 3200, that's why I m limited

surroundman

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi MMW,

do you think that my speakers configuarions will be worth it to spend extra 180£ and buy RX 3010

or I should upgrade speakers ? If upgrade which speakers I should buy instead of KEF sub and surround back KEF series ?

I supposed that I should leave mezzo 6 and mezzo 1 as it is front and surrond. what about central B& W ? it is very good speaker I think.

Thank you.

surroundman said:
hold on MMW,

I just noticed you got RX 3020, really ?? are you serious ?, how is 3020 compare to 3010 ??????

let me guess, the same :) : ???
No, there's supposed to be an improvement. Check this:

http://www.whathifi.com/review/rx-a3020

"Compared with previous generations of Yamaha surround receiver, the RX-A3020 sounds more attacking, delivering movie soundtracks with greater purpose and intent than previous generations. The clarity of the surround field allows subtle nuances to filter through – small details become much more apparent."

Besides, it has extra features like AirPlay.

You next upgrade (when funds allow) which will bring the single biggest improvement to your system's performance should be your subwoofer. You'll be astounded at the improvement.

I've got the Monitor Audio Apex AW12 sub & it's superb.

surroundman

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
ok MMW,

you also have Monitor Audio Apex 5.0 , is this the package which have been reviewed :http://www.whathifi.com/Review/Monitor-Audio-Apex/ ???

did you swap sub from this package with B&W sub. Is this much better combination ?

Thanks

MMW

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
surroundman said:
ok MMW,

you also have Monitor Audio Apex 5.0 , is this the package which have been reviewed :http://www.whathifi.com/Review/Monitor-Audio-Apex/ ???

did you swap sub from this package with B&W sub. Is this much better combination ?

Thanks

Yes, I have that Apex package but the subwoofer it's the BW ASW610. I feel the ASW610 as tighter and quicker sub although doesn't go as low as the Apex sub. In my small room the ASW610 it's just nice and gives me the quick, articulate and musical bass I like.

Regarding the RX-A3010 vs RX-A2010 I feel the 3010 very worth of the 180£ extra over the 2010. The RX-A3020 compared to the 3010 has a bit better "inner detail" in the highs and definitely has a richer and fleshed out mids than the 3010. Surround landscape it's slightly more open and wide and better focused too. YPAO seems completely revised cause measurements results with the 3020 are significantly different than those obtained with the 2010 and 3010 in the same room and with the same system. By the way one problem with the 3020 I never experienced with the 2010 and 3010 it's the HDMI handshaking issue. I hope a firmware update will fix this soon.

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
surroundman said:
Hi Son of SJ,

how much is beter ? :) is it worth it 180 £ more compare to 2010 ?

Thanks

I would guess it is, but I'm not in a position to say, never having seen a 3010. (The original price difference between these models was about £500, with the 2010 at about £1,400 and the 3010 at about £1,900, so whatever prices are being quoted now are an absolute steal.) MMW has said yes, and perhaps one of the dealers, David at Frank Harvey or Rick at Musicraft can help also.

surroundman

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
If I buy 3010 , I will stay with it much longer compare if I buy 2010,

which I will swap for better after price drop down or when I will feel it is time to change it. I am gonna compare som of the differnces between 2010 and 3010 and make decision. Guys what about presents speakers ?

I know that 3010 has 1 pair more than 2010,

Have you ever tried to used presents speakers ?? Is it better ?

Thanks

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
surroundman said:
which I will swap for better after price drop down

What more price drop are you waiting for? Both 2010 and 3010 are at about half their original prices.

surroundman said:
I know that 3010 has 1 pair more than 2010,

The 2010 can drive nine loudspeakers. I think that the 3010 can also drive nine speakers, but can be used with the pre-out connections and an external stereo amplfier to drive 11 speakers.

Personally, I think the rest of your system needs sorting, which will bring greater benefits than going for the 3010 instead of 2010. You need a better matching centre speaker & a better sub. Save the £180 & put that towards sorting the other bits instead.

surroundman

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi BB,

I agree with you, I definitely need upgrade some speakers at least subwoofer,

regarding the central and dialogue which was not very clear with my old yamaha 1065, there is review on whathifi, which also agree that dialogue was not very clean with 1065,

I will give the chance my next Yamaha to prove better dialogue from B&W

if not I will change my B&W central

thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts