any advice on soundproofing?

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
hi everyone,

Gave the new Tannoy surround package it's first test at the weekend, while watching 'transformers' in HD. Cranked it right up, and it blew me away! No distortion, just more and more volume with bass that was vibrating the floor!

So, here's the problem: I have neighbours, who I have to consider (unfortunately), So at the moment, I can't have the volume at the level i'd like.

Anyone have any ideas on soundproofing/deadening for the floor and walls? Budget of around £2000.

Many thanks. 

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
Customaudiodesigns.co.uk have everything you need and then some. I used their gear for my drum room, good stuff and they are very helpfull.

A

Anonymous

Or do a search on auralex on Dolphin Audio's site. Everything you will ever need.

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
bretty:
Cheers, buddy.

Are they just sales or installers, too?

Not sure if they install as i destroyed it my self,however im sure if you ask and they dont,then my guess is they will know a man who does.

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
how effective did you find the soundproofing?

I just had a look on their site. The 'Acoustic membrane' looks interesting. What products did you use, if you don't mind the asking?ÿ

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
I cant remember offhand,it was quite a while ago, but if you down load their drum room pdf the materials and how to go about it bumf is in there. However it may be a tad OTT for what you need. I think your best bet is to emither them with your worries and budget and see what they recommend. Sorry for the delay in responding by the way. Oh its effective allright but i put in suspended floors,you name it. The main thing is you need to de-couple a false wall from the main wall to stop resonance passing through etc,but i should guess you wont have to go that far because if you think about it a complete nutter walloping seven bells out of a drumkit is going to be a smidge louder than the decibel levels you are after i would think. Good luck with it as peace of mind will bring better enjoyment from your system.

A

Anonymous

If you want sound proofing you have to do the whole room, doors etc, sound is like air, it will pass through wherever there is a gap, so in other words you would need to build a room within a room.

You can damp the sound and absorb it, it's usually bass that bothers most people, so if you build some nice traps, check out you tube for some easy to make DIY solutions using rockwall is a good place to start, then try your first reflections using 10Cm rockwall, I wouldn't use foam as it tends to sound rather lifeless and dead.

TRENDING THREADS