Antistatic record sleeves

Gray

Got a couple of records out of storage today (doing some 24 bit and DSD rip tests courtesy of DougK, but that's another story)

As I slid out the discs, I thought how good the sleeves were. I bought a few packs years ago on offer from Hi-Fi News.

I wondered if they were still being sold and saw that they were:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nagaoka-No-Anti-Static-Record-Sleeves-Black/dp/B0062KVSC6

As you might see, one purchaser (there's always one) gave them one star, claiming that they're not antistatic. True, they're not 100% antistatic but, unless they're inferior these days, my ones seem to do a very good job and other people seem happy.

Maybe you've got some. Certainly better than just paper.

At one time, back in the 70s, I bought lots of what I’d call premium regular sleeves - the nice heavy plastic lined ones - to replace plain paper or decorated carded sleeves, the latter often covered with lyrics. These were the ones often used by full priced Decca releases.

Later I found the Nagaoka and (I think) Mobile Fidelity ones. I preferred the ones with a stiffer side so the bag didn’t flop around when trying to reinsert the LP. Glad you’ve found some!

What do new LPs come with, as I’ve only bought charity shop copies in recent years?

nopiano said:
At one time, back in the 70s, I bought lots of what I’d call premium regular sleeves - the nice heavy plastic lined ones - to replace plain paper or decorated carded sleeves, the latter often covered with lyrics. These were the ones often used by full priced Decca releases.

Later I found the Nagaoka and (I think) Mobile Fidelity ones. I preferred the ones with a stiffer side so the bag didn’t flop around when trying to reinsert the LP. Glad you’ve found some!

What do new LPs come with, as I’ve only bought charity shop copies in recent years?

Most new LPs try to emulate the old so some in card with printed lyrics etc. I have bought some MoFi ones lately that come with paper lined with plastic sleeves that are very good as would be expected.

Gray

...that both of you mentioned the Mofi ones. I noticed that the Nagaoka complainer on Amazon much prefered the Mofi's. If I needed more, sounds like they'd be a good choice.

To be honest though, some of my records are worth less than the sleeves I put them in and may never get another play (by anyone!)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts