Anti skating weight dropping off

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

brownz

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
camcroft said:
Hi. brownz I have just followed the steps in the pictures and adjusted the thread so that the hoop is in the same place as the photo and it sounds a lot better is that possible.

Personally, yes, I find it affects higher end cartridges more than low end carts, things like Ortofon Cadenza and upwards.

If you use a decent set of headphones, listen for hissy high frequency distortion on vocals mainly. To much ASW and it favours the RHC and to little ASW and it favours the left.

If things were a bit out of shape then it's quite possible that it was applying to much or to little anti skate force.

wclough

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Seems like there has been a lot of similar experiences with the antiskating fish line since I first posted the issue in Jan 2015. I still get the problem occasionally but I am more careful now that I am aware of it. I still think it is a bad design and I disagree that it keeps the cost down. Deeper grooves would probably prevent the problem. It would cost the same and could be introduced on the current design.

TRENDING THREADS