Another Sony Blu Ray problem

psurquhart

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Hi all,

Just read the other "Sony problem" post - which is kinda similar.

I have Sony 370 Blu Ray player which has suddenly got some gremlins in the system.

Its paired with a Sony DA5400es amp.

First of all - a loud high pitch constant ringing noise started to play over all discs. Eventually after some testing I decided to erase all the data on the usb stick - which got rid of the high pitch noise and all seemed fine.

Then, after a couple of plays of different discs - I get either a constant DVD AUDIO or BD ROM tab come up (depending on format played) in the left hand side bottom corner on all discs on my tv display. Also, the remote will not work ? The only buttons to respond on the remote are the on/off button and load/eject.

I cant remember how old it is but will look for receipt in a bit.

I have tried a factory reset but its still playing up ?

Any ideas or similar issues ?

Very frustrating - its been brilliant before.

psurquhart

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Have I done something wrong to upset you usual helpful posters ? Not like you lot ? Are the What Hi Fi team on holiday ?

Anyway, to reply to my own post for the umptenthe (spelt wrong) time - My Sony Blu Ray player is now all back to normal.

I think my USB Stick got corrupted - I did a complete factory reset without the old one in and put a new one in and all seems fine again.

Thought I would respond to my own post - again - just in case anyone else has the same problem - not that anyones read this !

Anyway, It was nice talking to myself, over and out.

(They reckon this could be the first sign of madness)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts