Another aspect thread

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I know this has been doen to death, but should i just stick with the normal aspect on my panasonic blu ray player to see the movie how it was intended to be viewed?

Its a bit annoying when i see the letter box on high def and then when i put say finding nemo in the machine (dvd) i get a glorious full 42 inch screen. It would be nice to have the full screen on high def!!

Ive tried teh panasonic on 16:9 full but it dont really seem to make much difference.

A

Anonymous

If you alter the aspect ratio you won't see the full screen because you'll chop the sides off. Even if you use one of those stretch modes that some TVs have, you'll be distorting the image. The 'black bars' are meant to be there.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Gander:
I know this has been doen to death, but should i just stick with the normal aspect on my panasonic blu ray player to see the movie how it was intended to be viewed?

Its a bit annoying when i see the letter box on high def and then when i put say finding nemo in the machine (dvd) i get a glorious full 42 inch screen. It would be nice to have the full screen on high def!!

This isn't because one is Blu-Ray and one is DVD, it's just that Finding Nemo is a 16:9 film, or at least was on the DVD, so it pretty much fills the screen. There are PLENTY of DVDs where the film has been transferred at 2.35:1, which will give you the letter box, unless you've set the DVD player to present it in 16:9 (by chopping the edges off, I'm not even sure that's an option though).

Equally there are Blu-Rays where the film has been transferred in 16:9, either because that's how it was filmed in the first place or because it's been chopped as part of the transfer.

You just have to accept that cinema ratios do not perfectly match Widescreen TV ratios, it's unfortunate but that's the way it is, sorry.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts