Android 4.0 Announced

Paul.

There is some nice looking features in Ice Cream Sandwich, but I think in the real world face recognition to unlock will be too slow. My cameras will all face detect from photos, so I suspect (but obviously dont know for a fact) anyone could get in to your phone with a photograph. Not that I think theifs would have pictures of me, I'm more concerned about 'friends' unlocking my phone with a facebook pic on their phone, then posting incrimonating statuses or setting alarms at 4 in the morning.

I like the translating voicemails to text, thats a really useful feature.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Paul Hobbs said:
(but obviously dont know for a fact)

Don't let that stop you though!

Main feature to catch my eye was the panoramic picture mode, that was the best thing about my old Nokia Nseries phones, used to enjoy taking pictures like that, taken Google long enough to bring that in.

AnotherJoe

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
It was actually quite funny - during the demo - the unlock feature didnt work. It failed to recognise his photo as the lighting wasnt very good.

I liked the old method you used to see on some laptops where it used your fingerprint to unlock.

Ravey Gravey Davy

Apr 28, 2008
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
Paul Hobbs said:

Main feature to catch my eye was the panoramic picture mode, that was the best thing about my old Nokia Nseries phones, used to enjoy taking pictures like that, taken Google long enough to bring that in.
I have a panoramic picture mode already in my Galaxy S v2.3.3- is there something new in this?or am I missing something (probably yes)

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Ravey Gravey Davy said:
The_Lhc said:
Paul Hobbs said:

I have a panoramic picture mode already in my Galaxy S v2.3.3- is there something new in this?or am I missing something (probably yes)

Dunno but my HTC doesn't have the option running on 2.3.3, so I guess Samsung added the feature themselves. This, I presume, is built into the OS by Google in 4.0.

Android versions have all been named after sweets; gingerbread, honeycomb, froyo (frozen yogurt). The latest version is called ice cream sandwich, also because it has brought both the tablet & the mobile platforms together, as in a sandwich.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts