Andrew, have you reviewed/heard the Jamo C803 bookshelf speakers?

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
I've read an amazing review of them and they look a bit special too. I am looking at getting the Pioneer A-A6-J and the PD-D6-J and wondered how the Jamos would fare with them. If the Jamos are too good for the Pioneers, the RS1s and AVI Neutron IVs are also on my listening list.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
I think they are very similar technology as the highly regard concert 8. 2nd hand price is around £450. I don't know how they would sound with pioneer combo but the concert 8 has a great soundstage and treble preformance.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Thanks Thaiman. What do you think the other speakers I mentioned would match up to the Pioneers? I was quite alarmed to read the other day that the Pioneer combos could be a little bright together. Surely they would be designed to work well together? If this means a warmer speaker is needed, have you any suggestions in the under £600-£700 bracket (bookshelves preferred, although smart looking not too obtrusive floorstanders would also be considered).

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
The Jamo won EISA Award so they are very good and what hifi did confirm that with 5 stars awards (I think they also got best buy from the other magazine too) Any chance for demo them with your electronics?

As for a warm pair of speakers around £600 there is none that come to mind at the moment...may be revolver R33 and Acoustic Energy Aelite 3's. I am sure someone here can recomend some more for you....good luck

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Thaiman knows of some mint used ones for sale for rather less. If you'd like, I'll pass on your email address to him so he can tell you where to find them

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts