Andrew Everard can you please help with a hifi subwoofer suggestion?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi Andrew I am after purchasing a subwoofer for hifi use. I want one which integrates with my B&W DM601 S3's which are powered by a Marantz PM66SE KI Signature amplifier. I have spoken to drummerman a few times who I cant thank enough for his time and help. Drummerman has a Ruark vita 50 which is exactly the same as the (MJA PRO 50 MK1) which he has reccomended. I am after one of these but no one seems to be selling them in good condition with delivery. So I have now decided to get a new MJ Acoustics PRO 50.

My question to you Andrew is does the MJ Acoustics pro 50 Mk2 have exactly the same sound quality as the MJ Acoustics PRO 50 MK1 for hifi use?

Is the bass still as fast as the MK1 as the driver in the MK2 has been changed to a bigger one 25cm and the power has also been upgraded to 120 watts.

I can get both the Epos ELS sub for £199 delivered or the MJ Acoustics PRO 50 MK2 for £299 delivered.

Andrew what subwoofer would you suggest is the best for Hifi for a budet of £350.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
You would be very wrong: I have long used a sub for stereo listening, from a REL Stadium used with my old Monitor Audio Studio 20s to my current PMC OB1/TLE1 combination. Even our dining room system uses some designer Sony speakers with a baby MJ Acoustics sub.

To go with the B&Ws I'd suggest either the Pro 50 or the Reference 100 Mk II.

A

Anonymous

Mr E can you please help!

I have a pair of q acoustics 1050i I know there not anything special or high on many peoples list but I think for £260 with a 5 year guarantee its alot of speaker. The only problem I found with these was that they just didnt go low enough so I (stupidly) bought a q acoustics 1000s (not si) sub which I now think has got to be one of the worst subs I have heard. Im using it with a integrated technics amp and I want to upgrade the sub but its all abit confusing.

I was looking at the MJ acoustics pro 50 mk1 which as far as im aware is the exact same thing as the bk minotaur (selling for £150) there is also the bk gemini (£200), the bk xls200 (£290) or the mj acoustics pro 50 mk2 (£300). The xls200 is abit bigger then the size I want it to be and the minotaur at 50watts may not be powerfull enough so Is the pro 50mk2 (plus £30 for high level lead) worth the extra £100 over the gemini? The size and the price of the Gemini is perfect and the fact that its available in cherry helps but I dont know if its any good and how well it will work with the 1050i's.

Any ideas?

A

Anonymous

well yes and no because im trying to find out if the mj acoustics pro 50 mk2 is worth £130 more then the bk gemini? and if the gemini is any good?

A

Anonymous

Hi Andrew Thank You very much for your help. My Computer has been offline for a bit so I could not post a reply sooner.. I have decided on your recommendation to get the MJA PRO 50 MK 2 I treid to get the MK 1 model but it is discontinued and no retailer has any left . Anyway the newer & improved MJA PRO 50 MK 2 model will do me for £299 delivered. The Reference 100 MK 2 sounds very tempting but it is way over my budget.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts