Analogue dvd recorder question...

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
My Dad has a Sony RDRHX510 dvd recorder. He has just ordered a new LCD. I will be setting it up for him and will connect the screen to the recorder using component (no hdmi on the dvd). In the manual, and how he has had it set up so far (has been using an LCD with no tuner) is the aerial going into the dvd recorder and then out to the LCD. This I assume is so that he can record analogue channels 1-5? As he will soon have a tv with a digital tuner, should I just connect the aerial straight to the tv so that he has freeview? He also has a Humax box which I will connect to the tv with hdmi and then to the recorder with RGB. By the way, if I connect it to the recorder with RGB, will it record the audio as well?

daveh75

Gerrardasnails:My Dad has a Sony RDRHX510 dvd recorder. He has just ordered a new LCD. I will be setting it up for him and will connect the screen to the recorder using component (no hdmi on the dvd). In the manual, and how he has had it set up so far (has been using an LCD with no tuner) is the aerial going into the dvd recorder and then out to the LCD. This I assume is so that he can record analogue channels 1-5?Yes,it would be so you can record 1-5 from the DVD-R's internal tuner

Gerrardasnails: As he will soon have a tv with a digital tuner, should I just connect the aerial straight to the tv so that he has freeview? That's what i'd do,unless your dad is particularly bothered about being able to record from the DVD-R's analogue tuner.

Gerrardasnails:He also has a Humax box which I will connect to the tv with hdmi and then to the recorder with RGB. By the way, if I connect it to the recorder with RGB, will it record the audio as well?Yes you'll be able to record audio as well.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
daveh75:
Gerrardasnails:My Dad has a Sony RDRHX510 dvd recorder. He has just ordered a new LCD. I will be setting it up for him and will connect the screen to the recorder using component (no hdmi on the dvd). In the manual, and how he has had it set up so far (has been using an LCD with no tuner) is the aerial going into the dvd recorder and then out to the LCD. This I assume is so that he can record analogue channels 1-5?Yes,it would be so you can record 1-5 from the DVD-R's internal tuner

Gerrardasnails: As he will soon have a tv with a digital tuner, should I just connect the aerial straight to the tv so that he has freeview? That's what i'd do,unless your dad is particularly bothered about being able to record from the DVD-R's analogue tuner.

Gerrardasnails:He also has a Humax box which I will connect to the tv with hdmi and then to the recorder with RGB. By the way, if I connect it to the recorder with RGB, will it record the audio as well?Yes you'll be able to record audio as well.

Cheers Dave

Sorreltiger

Apr 22, 2008
Visit site
I can't see the point in him recording "off air" anymore, as the quality would be so poor. However, he can do like I do and use the DVD player for archiving recordings. I guess he'll still use it as a player too, so I think daveh's suggestions should work well.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Sorreltiger:I can't see the point in him recording "off air" anymore, as the quality would be so poor. However, he can do like I do and use the DVD player for archiving recordings. I guess he'll still use it as a player too, so I think daveh's suggestions should work well.

Do you record from Sky or similar? I'm expecting recording from the Humax Freesat box should be pretty good.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts