An old favourite returns

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Those of us of a certain vintage will want to tune in to BBC later this month.

Richard Thompson AND Albert Lee on the same show, brilliant!

My first memory of OGWT is Richard Williams introducing Roxy Music, a then unheard of band (not for long though).

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
DIB said:

My first memory of OGWT is Richard Williams introducing Roxy Music, a then unheard of band (not for long though).

Excellent! thanks for the heads up.

Mac

www.realmusicnet.wordpress.com

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Don't forget, it's the 3 hour Old Grey Whistle Test special on BBC 4 tonight, starting at 9.00pm (hopefully Stormzy free
regular_smile.png
)

andyjm

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
DIB said:
Don't forget, it's the 3 hour Old Grey Whistle Test special on BBC 4 tonight, starting at 9.00pm (hopefully Stormzy free )

Complete with 'Whispering' Bob Harris. One not to miss.

edit - I had a crisis of confidence and just checked the spelling of 'whispering'. Clicked on a link to Bob Harris, and it turns out he was a co founder of 'Time Out' magazine. Interesting fact of the day.

emperor's new clothes

May 28, 2013
Visit site
DIB said:

many thanks DIB - I would have missed it. Quite a nostalgia trip. Only watched half of the recorded show thus far, but very impressed with live performances of Peter Frampton and fellow herefordian Albert Lee - easily confused with Alvin Lee who is sadly no longer with us. Kiki Dee not so good. Loved the interview with the creator of those Pink FLoyd animations - a proper Brummie philosophy on life. Might skip the punk years as I did back then.

Recall a star-studded pre Christmas flight to tropical climes back in the 70s. Terry Wogan with delightful family on one side and whistling Bob on the other - both true down-to-earth gents. In front of Bob were Boney M. The Brummie ex model one, allegedly not there for the singing, was very memorable. Sitting in the expensive seats - no club in those days - were two members of the Stones.

Good to see Bob still in good form and looking forward to watching Richard Thompson later.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts