An ideal upgrade from Project Essential in future?

seasonsdownfall

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,

Have and loved owning Project Essential turntable for almost a year and a half now, was just after advice on what an ideal upgrade would be in the future? Cannot knock project essential at all, but there's obviously always room for improvement in this market!

My budget would be around £500.

Thanks.

seasonsdownfall

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
To add:

Since buying my new hi fi, only this year, none of the records that used to skip on my old stereo seem to anymore? Am i imagining this, as i can't see upgrading hi fi would change the record skipping? The majority of my records are in VG condition, many Mint too...

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
seasonsdownfall said:
Since buying my new hi fi, only this year, none of the records that used to skip on my old stereo seem to anymore? Am i imagining this, as i can't see upgrading hi fi would change the record skipping? The majority of my records are in VG condition, many Mint too...

When you say "new hifi" does that include the turntable? Or did you re-arrange the layout and move the turntable in the process?

seasonsdownfall

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
No, I used to have the project turntable set up via an Aux out in a compact stereo... Just recently got an amplifier, with phono built in, new speakers etc.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
Well it's either the TT wasn't entirely level previously or it wasn't sitting on a very solid platform, something like that.

Don't say things like that. It makes me sad to think of all those badly sited/supported turntables out there.

Why would anyone do it? Why?

seasonsdownfall

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
Well it's on exactly the same platform now, I.e my living room floor, and on the same unit, which is level...

I've got more sense than that, thanks anyway for your helpful comment chebby...

I thought you might be implying something else, anyway.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts