Amps and upscaling

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm looking at the Sony STR-DG820, and see that it doesn't upscale content. Does this matter, if I have other equipment that does? If my BR player is connected to the amp via HDMI and the amp to the TV, will SD content still be upscaled? Ta.

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
You tv would upscale even if NOTHING else did. So it certainly doesnt matter in that respect. But of course there so many different ways of upscaling that one way will look better than another.

A

Anonymous

In the April edition of the magazine there was an 'Upscaling Showdown' which concluded that, in most cases, the source was the better upscaler (compared with the amp and the TV). So it's not an issue, your BD player will upscale DVD's. What you won't get is upscaling from SD sources such as regular SKY or freeview boxes.

I have the STRDG820 and PS3 and very happy with DVD upscaling. I also have a DVD/HDD Recorder into which I can feed my SKY signal and have that upscaled too, though to be honest I think the TV does a good enough job on the direct SKY connection.

A

Anonymous

aliEnRIK:rogueelement:

I have the STRDG820 and PS3 and very happy with DVD upscaling.

My tv scales FAR better than the PS3

I suspect your TV is far superior to mine
emotion-5.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts