Amplifier stage

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

priam

Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
As mentioned I have the NAD 3130, which is an Integrated Amplifier. I am wondering if there is a way I can bypass the Phono stage on this thing. Since I already have a dedicated Phono.

priam

Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
Happy days! I found the problem and fixed it, without spending a single penny. Here's the thing, the Nad 3130 is an integrated amplifier, but I was running it through the Rega Fono Mini A2D. When I removed the Fono connection everything works!!!

Thank you Vladimir and other WhatHifi users along the way!

priam

Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
How do I use it if I wanted to? I realize through experimentation that I can remove the plugs which is used for the phono-preamp to connect the Fono Mini A2D into the system,thus bypassing the phono stage of the integrated amp, but then I totally lose controls of the volume.
Ox3LKcS.png
The plugs I removed are the ones labelled 12. I basically removed the plugs, and plug the leads from my Fono Mini A2D into the Main In. Doing this I lose control of the volume knob. Any help would be appreciated.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
If you don't have a phono preamp, then you use the one inside the NAD by pluging your turntable in the Input Phono pins.

Since you do have a preamp, the Rega Fono, you then plug the turntable in the Rega IN and then connect its OUT to the NAD CD pins, not the Phono pins. Use the Tuner, Tape or CD.

So connect the Rega Fono to the CD input on the NAD, not the Phono pins.

Also try grounding your turntable to either the Rega or the NAD, see if that improves things.

Jim_W

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
As has been said, try the rega preamp through a line input like cd, tuner etc and then try the NAD 3130 phono stage by plugging RCA plugs from your record player straight to the phono input in the NAD...don't use preamp. I think you'll find the NAD's built-in phono stage gives the Rega a run fot its money. Using both of these set-ups, don't remove the preamp to amp connectors at the back of the amp!! Obvious, I know.

D

Deleted member 108165

Jim_W said:
As has been said, try the rega preamp through a line input like cd, tuner etc and then try the NAD 3130 phono stage by plugging RCA plugs from your record player straight to the phono input in the NAD...don't use preamp. I think you'll find the NAD's built-in phono stage gives the Rega a run fot its money. Using both of these set-ups, don't remove the preamp to amp connectors at the back of the amp!! Obvious, I know.

definitely +1 on using the NAD's phono stage as I'm sure it will easily beat the Rega.

TRENDING THREADS