Amplifier & speakers to play music output from Apple AirPort Express

Hems

Nov 21, 2007
Visit site
If I were to buy an amplifier to play music streamed from and apple airport express, what amplifier and speakers would anyone recommend? I'd have a budget of around £1200 for both. My music is mainly 320kbps and apple lossless.

Also, is there anyway that I could hook the above into to my existing setup so that the new speakers that I buy can be used when watching blu rays?

Thanks

bay24

Aug 13, 2007
Visit site
I would say avi neutron 2.1 system or avi adm 9t dependent on how many sources you want to attach. These could both be used with the airports mini optical connection to use the high quality dac built into the 2.1 sub or 9t speaker. For digital music I don't think you could get much better sound for the money.
Another option would be to see if you could get a peachtree nova ex dem, one just went on eBay for £650 this also has a dac built into the amp to make the most of the digital signal from the airport. I have not heard this amp but it has had some good reviews online.

bay24

Aug 13, 2007
Visit site
I also think you can use the adm 9t as fronts in a surround system if that is what you mean by using them for films.

daveh75

I agree with bay24. Both systems have an analogue input with AV bypass/unity gain function so you can use them as front speakers for your current set-up (assuming your Denon has pre-outs)

Hems

Nov 21, 2007
Visit site
Thanks. Actually, If I wanted to buy some Kef speakers (Q500s maybe, to be consistent with the rest of the speakers) which other stereo amps would be good?

Hems

Nov 21, 2007
Visit site
Thanks. Actually, If I wanted to buy some Kef speakers (Q500s maybe, to be consistent with the rest of the speakers) which other stereo amps would be good?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts