Amplifier for PMC Twenty5.23

George680

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
Hello,

I'm owning a Leema Acoustics Tucana 2 amplifier, Chord Electronics QBD76 DAC and Sonics Anima monitor speakers. But think I can get more out of my DAC / amplifier. After having read the great reviews of PMC Twenty5.23 Floorstanders I was wondering if they would fit my Leema Acoustics/ Chord Electronics well. Does anybody here have the experience, can anybody help me with this one please?

Thanks very much, Sjors

Chr78

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Roksan blak should be very good for the pmc´s..
George680 said:
Hello,

I'm owning a Leema Acoustics Tucana 2 amplifier, Chord Electronics QBD76 DAC and Sonics Anima monitor speakers. But think I can get more out of my DAC / amplifier. After having read the great reviews of PMC Twenty5.23 Floorstanders I was wondering if they would fit my Leema Acoustics/ Chord Electronics well. Does anybody here have the experience, can anybody help me with this one please?

Thanks very much, Sjors

I've only heard the twenty5 series at shows, but they are very enjoyable. I don't think they're as accurate as, say, KEF R series, but some people find them a bit subdued. Do be sure to listen to them, preferably at home, before deciding. They are pretty costly for a two-way so need to be exactly what you want. Having rather unrestricted treble, they will likely be best firing straight into the room, rather than aimed at the listener.

If buying used, the 20 year warranty does not transfer. A sad omission.

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

Did you buy them george. Your dac and leema would be fantastic if I'd imagine. I'm using similar value Cyrus amps, dac and power supply and that sounds fantastic.

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

nopiano said:
I've only heard the twenty5 series at shows, but they are very enjoyable. I don't think they're as accurate as, say, KEF R series, but some people find them a bit subdued. Do be sure to listen to them, preferably at home, before deciding. They are pretty costly for a two-way so need to be exactly what you want. Having rather unrestricted treble, they will likely be best firing straight into the room, rather than aimed at the listener.

If buying used, the 20 year warranty does not transfer. A sad omission.

the twenty 5 series beat the kef r series as far as I'm concerned. I demoed my previous twenty 23s I owned against a kef r700 and the pmc 20-23 were a lot better on detail, dynamics, realism, bass response, balance etc. The kefs were good and a bigger room filling sound with a bigger soundstage but to be expected in a bigger speaker with bigger drivers moving more air. But pmc's with transmission line not far behind on bass output. But the 25 series has better mid range, soundstage and deeper punchier bass, and even better than 20-23, so it's even more a better proposition than the kef r series. The better kefs are the more expensive kef reference ones, which outclass the pmc's like 21,23 with all that detail and transparency the kef reference have. But a different price range, but the 3 way 26 beat the kefs, maybe 24 too.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts