Amplifier for bedroom

Jfil

Feb 18, 2016
Visit site
Looking for a 2nd hand amp to be used in my bedroom. So far have seen the following Nad models:
302, 310 and 320
Are they still good by modern standards?
Or should I go for a modern amp like Cambridge Audio 340? Thanks

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
What do you need the amplifier to do other than drive the speakers, if anything? Onboard DACs? Bluetooth? Streaming? Which speakers will be used with it? Just background listening, or is a bit of volume needed every now and again?

Jfil

Feb 18, 2016
Visit site
I will use some Denon speakers and in the future I will use a dac to connect to my pc for music listening. I don't need huge amount of volume, mainly for background music.

chelstondave

May 23, 2010
Visit site
If it is just low power, background listening I had one of these in my office a while back. It was a Topping and had a line in and a dac section. The dac section was not that great to be honest but it did the job and the amp was very low powered but for a small room it produced a surprisingly clear soundfor the £30 I paid for it. I used it with some Acoustic energy aego speakers I got when I took out a subscription to a rival magazine at the Bristol Show a few years back and later on I used a Fiio E7 dac via the analogue inputs which was a decent improvement on the dac in the topping. SMSL do them too now.

Jfil

Feb 18, 2016
Visit site
I would prefer a conventional amp. Sometimes I would like to put it loud :). I really like Nad style. Is there a great difference between this models: 3020; 302; 310?

TRENDING THREADS