Amplifier and Speakers to go with my Pro-ject Debut Carbon

TheDudeAbides

Jul 6, 2022
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I am searching for a decent setup to go along my Pro-ject Debut Carbon.
I am not looking for something powerful because I won't be listing at high volumes.
I mainly listen to rock music ( Pink floyd, Led zepplin, Hendrix... ) and some Jazz and Blues .

My current favorites are the Marantz PM7000N ( mainly because of it's streaming capabilities ) paired with Klipsch RP500M ( or Klipsch RP500M II ).
What do you think of this setup?
Do you think that I need a pre-amp on top?

Thank you in advance for your help

Welcome to the forum.
The choice of speakers may be a problem here as they need to suit your listening room and we have no idea what that is so go and see if you can audition them in your own room.
You have to audition speakers for yourself.
The amp could also be a problem bad it is designed more for digital input than analogue.
I am not saying it will not work, it's just not ideal as it will require you purchasing an external phono preamp although these can be had quite quickly.
I think you need to decide what your actual budget is and what your main source of music is going to be.

Reactions: TheDudeAbides

TheDudeAbides

Jul 6, 2022
Visit site
Thank you Al ears for your answer, and happy to join.
Sadly, I can't actually audition them in the room itself.
The room is a 30m2 open space, in which only 20m2 will be used for listening.
I've attached a pic of the room, and the black part will be where the setup will be placed.
My main source is the pro-ject without any doubt, it was just that the idea of the streamer was interesting.
My budget is around 1.5K.

Attachments

• Listening-Room.png
    Listening-Room.png
    14.8 KB · Views: 2
Thank you Al ears for your answer, and happy to join.
Sadly, I can't actually audition them in the room itself.
The room is a 30m2 open space, in which only 20m2 will be used for listening.
I've attached a pic of the room, and the black part will be where the setup will be placed.
My main source is the pro-ject without any doubt, it was just that the idea of the streamer was interesting.
My budget is around 1.5K.
Thanks.
If you cannot audition at home you really need to listen to some at a dealership at the very least as you may decide you do not like the sound of the Klipsch.
Can you clarify 1.5k what? Pounds, dollars, Euros??

TheDudeAbides

Jul 6, 2022
Visit site
Thanks.
If you cannot audition at home you really need to listen to some at a dealership at the very least as you may decide you do not like the sound of the Klipsch.
Can you clarify 1.5k what? Pounds, dollars, Euros??

Sorry, my budget is in Euros.
Ok, fair point about listening to them in the store, will do that for sure.
Any recommendation on which direction I should go with ( or even a shortlist )?

Thanks

good_enough

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
An off the wall comment here but I am still in love with the phono stage in my Roksan K2 (I'm not the only one - see Roksan Kandy K2 BT integrated amplifier | Stereophile.com "Its phono stage was the best I've heard in a moderately priced integrated ") and you can pick one up on Fleabay for the £300/EU350 mark. Would leave you a lot for a pair of speakers. Which I agree with others here, are so individual in sound that you need to audition at a dealers (you can prise my MA Studio 20SEs out of my cold dead hands...)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts