Amplifier and CD Player for existing Speaker Setup

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have asked this before and can't find my original posts.....and no before anyone asks I didn't make a note of the recomendations
emotion-42.gif

I currently have a Yahama A5 AV Amp and a Philips CD624 CD Player, playing through a Castle Surround Sound Speaker set-up (Castle Richmond floorstanders for the front)

I would like to add a dedicated amplifier and upgrade my CD player but I am not too sure what would go with my castle floorstanders.

Can anyone help and provide me with any suggestions, ideally looking to spend between £600.00 and £900.00

Thanks in advance guys.

Jay

gregory

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
creek evo series would be nice or if you can stretch it a bit naim 5i series as the new italics are coming out you may get a deal on the old series.failing that the roksan kandy is an upfront pairing but the smoothness of the castles would tame them nicely.look at exposure 2010 series as well,very nice.all the best,gregory.

gregory

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
good one rich,forgot about audiolab and i still use an 8000a to this day.i am going to post in a new thread about old v's new but not here as we need to help out jay,so go ahead and have an audition as superfi do both creek and audiolab and roksan i believe.good luck,gregory.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for that guys I think I am going to Demo the Creek, Naim, Roksan and Audiolab Setups and see which I prefer.

What would you suggest for interconnects and speaker cable??

Jay

A

Anonymous

Oooh I have just had an additional thought and not sure if this will make a big difference or not......I am currently running a Bush MTT1 (I think it is) turntable...which I picked up for £10 from a car boot sale and thought I would go back through some of my extensive vinyl collection. It is actually quite good and that's connected to an AV amp!!!

I was thinking of also upgrading this and originally thought of something like the Pro-ject offerings or maybe a second hand Rega Planar???

Would my decision on an amplifier alter my choice of turntable extensively.....and I know that I may have to get an additional phono box or (plug in board in the case of the Creek).

Why does something as simple as wanting to upgrade a system become so bloody completed and start throwing up loads of additional questions?

gregory

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
apart from the roksan all the other amps mentioned will either need a plug in board or seperate phono stage,ca 640p would be the one to go for at the silly price of £59.00.2nd hand rega is much better than a project especially considering the amps your thinking of and the castle speakers you have.i am not knocking projects and i really like the the rpm4 but there are better decks unless your thinking of the higher end project models and even then the same applies.keep the bush and get the ca 640p,unless you get the roksan and here what a cracking little deck this is.when i first heard it i was gobsmacked.good luck,gregory.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts