Amp Upgrade

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

Looking for some advice.

I am planning to upgrade my current amp (Rotel RA01) and have looked at the Roksan K2 and Rotel RA150 as viable components.

I currenty run the rao1 through a Kandy M11 cd player and Quad 11L standmounts.

I've never thought that the RA01 had enough about it to dirve the Quads..

Can anyone advise on the best amp match up..

Thanks

Roksan

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
UNPUBLISHED BY MODS, BLATANT ADVERTISING

Hello Ronders,

The K2 deserve a special attention, it will offer a controlled and very detailed but never aggressive presentation from your speakers. I strongly recommend that you try to audition the amp with your speakers.

Should you require additional information or assistance please contact me again at a time convenient to you, I will be delighted to help in any way I can.

Kind regards,

Reuben Klein

Customer Service / Export Sales

reuben@roksan.co.uk

+44 (0)20 8900 6801

A

Anonymous

Thanks for that, I was veering towards the Roksan given the pricepoint its at now, the Creek is outwith my budget at present.
doh.gif

RONDERS said:
Hi,

Looking for some advice.

I am planning to upgrade my current amp (Rotel RA01) and have looked at the Roksan K2 and Rotel RA150 as viable components.

I currenty run the rao1 through a Kandy M11 cd player and Quad 11L standmounts.

I've never thought that the RA01 had enough about it to dirve the Quads..

Can anyone advise on the best amp match up..

Thanks

As you have a Kandy CD player I would tend towards the Roksan K2. Very good match and I used to own a K2 which drove my 11L's very nicely indeed. I cannot say anything about the Rotel amp as have never heard it in any system.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the input looks like I'll head towards the Kandy, its available at a good price at present.

I take it the lack of tone controls is not an issue.

rymidd

Feb 24, 2010
Visit site
used to have rotel 01 amp with quad 11L speakers, than i change the amp to a nad 326bee which was a massive upgrade in sound with the quads , then about 1 year later i upgraded the nad to the roksan k2 which gave a more brigher sound with more depth than the rotel and the nad. But you may find the roksan k2 too polite for the quad 11L which need a fast lively sound thats not bright.

i would say the roksan k2 sounds warm and smooth with good detail. but is not lively sounding.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts